Author Topic: Racing Websites  (Read 2750 times)

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Racing Websites
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 07:53:50 AM »
Aren't those "press releases" articles, or is he talking puff pieces with information about X driver or team or event?

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 08:44:53 AM »
Aren't those "press releases" articles, or is he talking puff pieces with information about X driver or team or event?

It's a little of both
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 11:48:12 AM »
And speaking of spelling / grammar corrections, and how it bothers some people....Goggles, you should be aware that your usage of "sight" ("...future of sights like these") is incorrect. While spelled correctly, you used the wrong word. The correct word in your context should have been "site" (not sight). Ratzso told me you were a stickler for details, so I thought you'd want to know. And BTW, you're (not your) welcome!

I'm flattered that I was cited in this post regarding the proper context of sight and site on this great racing site....

JMHO - I like the eclectic mix of information that shows up on this forum. 

Ratzso

“I don't think we get smarter as we get older. We just run out of $tupid things to do.”
"Today is yesterday's future"

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 02:20:02 PM »
And speaking of spelling / grammar corrections, and how it bothers some people....Goggles, you should be aware that your usage of "sight" ("...future of sights like these") is incorrect. While spelled correctly, you used the wrong word. The correct word in your context should have been "site" (not sight). Ratzso told me you were a stickler for details, so I thought you'd want to know. And BTW, you're (not your) welcome!

I'm flattered that I was cited in this post regarding the proper context of sight and site on this great racing site....

JMHO - I like the eclectic mix of information that shows up on this forum. 

Ratzso

“I don't think we get smarter as we get older. We just run out of $tupid things to do.”

Both you guys must be retired.  You're not supposed to hit the bottle until at least 10AM
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 05:46:52 PM »
Both you guys must be retired.  You're not supposed to hit the bottle until at least 10AM

I've been retired for over 10 years, but I still don't start drinking until at least 2-3 PM...…..

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 07:38:47 PM »
I don't know if Shamrock drinks, but speaking for myself, I've been retired for nine years and rarely imbibe. 

I fell victim to the vicious and false rumor that the beer supply was in danger of running out in the 1970's so I consumed frequently and heavily.  In fairness to others, I have backed off to let everyone catch up.

Based on the history of Pissano's comments, I suspect that he's not a member of the Temperance Union...

Ratzso

"Today is yesterday's future"

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 08:05:55 AM »
Getting back on to the original intent (I think) of this topic, I'll add this. I've always been more inclined to follow the asphalt racing, over the dirt venues. And if you look around, Spencer Speedway (if it still legally goes by that name) is now running a "part time" schedule, Shangra-La #1 closed, "Shang 2" is constantly in limbo, Oswego Speedway, I hear, is also down to a limited schedule, leaving only Lancaster Raceway running what appears to be a full card of racing. (My apologies to Chemung, but I'm not at all familiar with that track)

With that little bit of asphalt racing going on, what is there to talk about? I remember one of the first posts that I composed for this site, YEARS back, in the 'RaceNY' generation #1. It was how the high costs involved, were killing off oval track racing. Apparently those of us who participated in that discussion were correct, and racing is indeed, dying off.

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2018, 04:13:58 PM »
Are there any results from Hillside without going to facebook or twitter ?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal