Social Media

Heart of a Champion by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:17:51 AM]

Thunder Road Postpones Bolduc Metal Recycling & Storage Containers Enduro to August 23...read more at www.thunderroadvt.com or download the rules and entry forms at www.thunderroadvt.com/rules by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:17:47 AM]

Chemung Speedrome - Racing at the Drome's cover photo by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:17:31 AM]

Photos from The Official Accord Speedway's post by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:17:21 AM]

CAN-AM SPEEDWAY ANNOUNCES LIMITED SPORTSMAN DIVISION FOR 2020 With the FX Caprara Honda-Sportsman division averaging 49 competitors weekly, track owner Tyler Bartlett has announced the formation of a Limited Sportsman class at Can-Am Speedway. The Limite by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:16:55 AM]

ITS RACEDAY at the Glen Ridge Motorsports Park! Contrary to what you have heard recently, WE ARE RACING TODAY, SUNDAY JULY 5th, 2020! Come check out some side by side racing at the smoothest & 'Fastest 1/4 Mile on Dirt!' Damon Anderson Racing by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:16:39 AM]

Throwback Thursday - ROCK Style continues! As we approach the Tenth Annual Bob Kelly Memorial Race - We're gonna throw it back to August 10th, 2019. On this date we held the 9th Annual Bob Kelly Memorial - A 40 Lap race for the Winged 600s. Can yo by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:16:32 AM]

Photos from Rolling Wheels Raceway's post by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:16:14 AM]

Camerons Bakery by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:16:13 AM]

Kenny Peoples Jr. Crowned NAPA Sportsman King of the Bullring (WOODHULL, NY) ? One of the coveted races that Woodhull drivers want to win during the race season are the divisions that offer a ?King of the Bullring? event. The King of the Bullring events by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:16:08 AM]

Poll

Do you approve the taking of all firearms from domestic abusers?

Yes
2 (66.7%)
No
1 (33.3%)
Dunno
0 (0%)
Other (explain)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: April 09, 2018, 04:08:49 PM

Author Topic: N.Y. to toughen gun laws  (Read 1108 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
N.Y. to toughen gun laws
« on: April 02, 2018, 04:08:49 PM »
 What say ye?
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: N.Y. to toughen gun laws
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 05:02:19 PM »
please give this subject a break! exactly what is a "domestic abuser"? What do you have to do and who decides if it is abuse?  When does someone loose their guns... NY has the toughest gun laws by all that I have read ( Californis is the other state with very stringent rules). Just what does your question do to help? I am sick od the gov't making more laws about gun use and ownership.... enforce the laws that are already on the books.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 08:06:15 AM »
Please give this subject a break! Exactly what is a "domestic abuser"? What do you have to do and who decides if it is abuse?  When does someone lose their guns... NY has the toughest gun laws by all that I have read (California is the other state with very stringent rules). Just what does your question do to help? I am sick of the gov't making more laws about gun use and ownership.... enforce the laws that are already on the books.

Well stated!

Criminals, by nature, do NOT abide by the rules, anyway, so what good is it going to do, by enacting more laws?? Consider this....it's 3AM, and a couple of "thugs" are cruising my area, on a "shopping trip". They decide that my house looks pretty nice, so maybe there's some stuff inside worth stealing. They begin to crash through the front door.

Me, the "law abiding citizen" is awakened by the ruckus, and I hand my wife the phone, and tell her to call 911. In the meantime, I'm faced with a serious threat to my home, my wife, and myself...............and the Police are at minimum, several minutes away. And our illustrious Governor, via his nonsensical "SAFE Act", has deemed that for my protection, 7 rounds of ammunition is sufficient, and that is, assuming I jumped through all the hoops, in order to own a firearm. Meanwhile, the "thugs" possibly armed to the teeth, are now coming through the front door.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture??

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 02:43:22 PM »
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:13:19 PM by Way 2 Lo »
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal