collapse collapse

Happy Thanksgiving from everyone at #ChemungSpeedrome! ?? We hope that you have a happy and safe holiday surrounded by the ones that you love the most. by Facebook RSS
[Today at 09:01:56 AM]

New Street Stock ?Six Pack Series? to Debut in 2020 by Facebook RSS
[Today at 09:01:20 AM]

News Flash! We got a text today from the North Pole asking if we might be able to help with their Toy Drive this year. The racers and their fans are very generous people so of course we said yes!!. If you are able to donate and are attending the Gobbler by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:31:32 AM]

Timeline Photos by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:30:58 AM]

Merry Christmas to all! by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:30:56 AM]

Utica Rome Speedway Hangover 2.0, January 1, 2020 Gates Open: 8:30 AM Pits 11:00 AM Grandstands Racing?12:00 Noon Pre-registration $45 includes car and driver pit pass Entry day of?$50 plus pit pass additional Pit Passes?$20 Grandstands?$5 for 12 yr by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:30:46 AM]

Welcome to the Thunder Mountain family Stryker Fabrication! Exciting news for the 600 class - the 2020 600cc Modified champion will receive a complete body thanks to Stryker Fabrication! by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:30:30 AM]

Mike Colsten spent his life living his dream. In over 51 years of racing, his accomplishments are countless. In addition to the many career wins, track championships and the 51-year marriage to his beautiful wife and cheerleader Lea, he was inducted into by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:30:30 AM]

Timeline Photos by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:30:14 AM]

The meeting is upstairs to Skoobs just like last year. Cash bar with food to purchase downstairs. We will have forms available next Monday on the website at www.lancastermotorsportspark.com. ( of course Lancasternationalspwedway.com will get you there als by Facebook RSS
[Today at 08:30:10 AM]

Poll

Do you approve the taking of all firearms from domestic abusers?

Yes
2 (66.7%)
No
1 (33.3%)
Dunno
0 (0%)
Other (explain)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: April 09, 2018, 04:08:49 PM

Author Topic: N.Y. to toughen gun laws  (Read 966 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
N.Y. to toughen gun laws
« on: April 02, 2018, 04:08:49 PM »
 What say ye?
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: N.Y. to toughen gun laws
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 05:02:19 PM »
please give this subject a break! exactly what is a "domestic abuser"? What do you have to do and who decides if it is abuse?  When does someone loose their guns... NY has the toughest gun laws by all that I have read ( Californis is the other state with very stringent rules). Just what does your question do to help? I am sick od the gov't making more laws about gun use and ownership.... enforce the laws that are already on the books.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 08:06:15 AM »
Please give this subject a break! Exactly what is a "domestic abuser"? What do you have to do and who decides if it is abuse?  When does someone lose their guns... NY has the toughest gun laws by all that I have read (California is the other state with very stringent rules). Just what does your question do to help? I am sick of the gov't making more laws about gun use and ownership.... enforce the laws that are already on the books.

Well stated!

Criminals, by nature, do NOT abide by the rules, anyway, so what good is it going to do, by enacting more laws?? Consider this....it's 3AM, and a couple of "thugs" are cruising my area, on a "shopping trip". They decide that my house looks pretty nice, so maybe there's some stuff inside worth stealing. They begin to crash through the front door.

Me, the "law abiding citizen" is awakened by the ruckus, and I hand my wife the phone, and tell her to call 911. In the meantime, I'm faced with a serious threat to my home, my wife, and myself...............and the Police are at minimum, several minutes away. And our illustrious Governor, via his nonsensical "SAFE Act", has deemed that for my protection, 7 rounds of ammunition is sufficient, and that is, assuming I jumped through all the hoops, in order to own a firearm. Meanwhile, the "thugs" possibly armed to the teeth, are now coming through the front door.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture??

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 02:43:22 PM »
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:13:19 PM by Way 2 Lo »
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

Rush

Views: 0
Posted by: Big Dan
in: My First Album
Balh

Views: 74
Test Image at 50%

Views: 42