Author Topic: Invader Scott Adams Powers to NYSS Sandra Vogler Memorial Win  (Read 1562 times)

Torpedotom

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Epic Ventures Motorsports Group
Invader Scott Adams Powers to NYSS Sandra Vogler Memorial Win
« on: October 15, 2017, 11:59:29 PM »
The New York Super Stocks were concluding their season as part of Wyoming County International’s Fall Shootout weekend. Fans cheered as Scott Adams from Nanticoke, PA took advantage of a restart with two laps to go and made the outside stick at the WCIS Bull Ring, beating several NYSS for the win. 39 teams made the haul, ready to battle for 26 starting positions. After five great qualifying heats were completed, 16 cars lined up for the 20 lap B-Main and the final 4 spots and 2 NYSS provisionals. When the dust settled, fans were heard saying that the B-Main with its long green flag period was one of the best races of the day up to that point. They hadn’t seen anything yet.

The 51 lap main event was led to the green flag by pole sitter and past NYSS Champion Bill Frisbee, Jr, returning to action piloting a friend’s highly competitive Street Stock showing that you never count out David vs. Goliath. Outside would be “front row” Nate Peckham who has mastered the art of redrawing for the main event all season. After a couple quick cautions, a nice 12 lap run showed Frisbee taking care of business while several stout cars and drivers were working their way to the front. A lap 17 multi car crash would end the night for Consi winner Tim Gullo and eventually contribute to the demise of recent winner Charlie Sharpteen’s goal of 2 in a row.

Multi time feature winner Chris Finocchario would take the lead from Frisbee on lap 24 as the big guys had now made their way to the front. Unnoticed by many, Scott Adams, who qualified out of the B-Main and starting 22nd, was following the power cars as they moved through the field. The top 4 were now Finocchario, Nick Robinson, Chris Vogler, and Adams while Tommy Reece was charging back to the front and would join the hunt over the next 25 laps.

Robinson had been trying every move possible to get by Finocchario and had just powered his way to the inside of Chris. Racing side by side down the front stretch, they made contact which blew the right front of Robinson, who managed to keep it off the wall as the car slid up turn one. Race officials would send Chris back for the contact which created a front row of last year’s winner, Chris Vogler (Sandra’s son) and outside him was Scott Adams with Reece now on Vogler’s bumper in 3rd. The lap 49 restart and 2 lap dash brought the fans to their feet as Adams made the outside line stick and hung on for the win followed by Vogler and Reese. Adams has been a winner and top contender in the PA area and commented about how this win gave him a special sense of pride given all the challenges he faced: a long haul from Southeast PA, never racing at WCIS before, and having to qualify through the B-Main.

Sandra Vogler Memorial Feature: SCOTT ADAMS, Chris Vogler, Tommy Reece, Zach Willis, Bill Frisbee Jr, Brian Wozniak, Steve Pesarek, Robert Fink, Mike Brantell, Andy Cryan, Eric Hadley, Nick Robinson, Dylan Bancroft, Josh Schoonmaker, Mike Hyman, Markie Spencer, Josh Hunter, Chris Finocchario, Lee Sharpsteen, Brianna Dinzler, Joel Gleason, Tim Gullo, Nate Peckham, SJ Rotunda, Aaron Higgins, Frank Chapman

Heat 1: Higgins, Chapman, Cryan, Hunter
Heat 2: Robinson, Schoonmaker, Wozniak, Hyman
Heat 3: Reece, Fink, Willis, Spencer
Heat 4: Finocchario, Frisbee Jr., Hadley, Sharpsteen
Heat 5: Peckham, Pesarek, Vogler, Bancroft

B-Main: Gullo, Adams, Gleason, Brantell
Provisionals: B. Dinzler, Rotunda
DNQ: Jason Dinzler, Scott Dinzler, Justin Myers, Jeff Goodwin, Joe Horvatits, Kelly Miller, Steve Perez, Matt Larrivee, Jim House, Ron Underwood
DNS: Rob Miszczak, Chuck Nichols, Joe Miller
Tom Fecteau
I've got a lot of stories and a few of them are even true. I've just forgotten which are which.

Torpedotom

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Epic Ventures Motorsports Group
Re: Invader Scott Adams Powers to NYSS Sandra Vogler Memorial Win
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 12:16:38 AM »
My apologies to Tommy Reese. Not sure why but I decided his surname needed upgrading, it doesn't .
Tom Fecteau
I've got a lot of stories and a few of them are even true. I've just forgotten which are which.