Author Topic: BETHEL MOTOR SPEEDWAY  (Read 993 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
BETHEL MOTOR SPEEDWAY
« on: August 23, 2020, 08:28:25 AM »
I took a road trip yesterday and checked out Bethel Speedway in White Lake ,N.Y. or Swan Lake depending on who you ask but it is a cool banked 1/4 mile asphalt track minutes from Bethel Woods which is the site of the original WOODSTOCK music festival.I was surprised that it is only 80 miles from Binghamton.I just thought i would share this seeing how RACENY is kind of dead these days.The one name that many may recognize that races there is Ed Dachenhausen ,a former winner at Chemung.

tom89tech

• View Profile
Re: BETHEL MOTOR SPEEDWAY
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 09:17:33 AM »
I still would like to know how they run while other ny tracks can't

owego26

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »
 I believe  it  is  called   " POLITICS "  ,  sorry just my  guess ...

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 01:04:23 PM »
Who is the owner?

cwm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »
  My son and I checked it out one night while in the area. Decent car count, good racing.

tp176

• View Profile
    • TIGOR Race Components
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 09:49:43 PM »
The question still remains - why can they have spectators and no one else can? I have asked my local politicians with no answer. Maybe the rest of you should do the same.
Home of the wildest wheelers ever built - TIGOR Switches too!!!

lynchmobb

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 10:56:06 PM »
we went there 3-4 years ago. nice place, small track. also went to the Bethel Performing Arts Center on the site of original Woodstock - very cool place!

tp176

• View Profile
    • TIGOR Race Components
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 12:56:20 PM »
Lots of time on the phone with various "elected officials" - loosely used - not sure if they were elected in the true sense of the word.

Started with a phone call by another track owner that was given "no comment" on how they are allowed to operate.

All the rest of my calls were started with and repeatedly asking how others can do the same without receiving a cease and desist letter from the Governors own extortion department - The New York State Liquor Authority.

Call to Sullivan county Manager - "sorry, that is handled through our Sullivan County Public Health Services Department I will leave a message for you." No return phone call. So, I returned one to Nancy McGraw, LCSW, MBA, MPH, Public Health Director. "I'm sorry, she is on conference calls all day, can I help you" The woman identified herself as her executive assistant, or to that effect. I asked how this can happen since May and no one else can. She said that it can't unless they are following the State guidelines. She said if it were going on and no one complained she would have never heard anything.

The smell of this whole thing is getting repugnant.

She went on to tell me that I should call the COVID complaint line if I have a complaint or concern.

I called.

They have no list that shows who has had a complaint lodged/alledged - accessable to the "complaint taker".  All they could do is take a complaint.

This whole thing has the smell of a barrel of rotten fish and I stated as such to all listeners on the other end of my calls.

So, YES, I submitted a complaint inclusive of all locations of proof of this occurring. I will attempt to follow up this week.

I did not hide behind a false name, nor did I submit it anonymously, NOR FROM BEHIND A MASK- I GAVE MY FULL NAME AND CONTACT INFO.

I will let everyone know the outcome.
Home of the wildest wheelers ever built - TIGOR Switches too!!!

Newest Images

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal