Author Topic: Record setting parade to benefit hospitals and CHOW  (Read 121 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
Record setting parade to benefit hospitals and CHOW
« on: July 17, 2020, 07:01:33 AM »
Record setting parade to benefit hospitals and CHOW

(Binghamton, NY) The longest parade ever staged in Broome County will step off at noon on Sunday, July 26 from the Binghamton Plaza on State Street in Binghamton. The 1st Annual Sock Out Cancer parade will raise money for Lourdes Hospital and United Health Services along with the Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse (CHOW).

“With the cancellation of this year’s Blast From The Past Hall of Fame & Car Show at Tri-Cities Airport, I wanted to find an alternate way to help our community while maintaining a safe environment for the participants,” said parade organizer Bob Connelly. “The parade will stage in the Binghamton Plaza on State Street in Binghamton, proceed down State Street and turn right onto Court Street, then continue through Johnson City, Endwell, and Endicott, turning left onto Bridge Street and reaching it’s destination at Five Corners in Vestal.

“We were eager to participate in this new adventure,” said Security Mutual Life Chairman and CEO Bruce Boyea, “when Bob called and said he wanted Sock Out Cancer and CHOW to be the beneficiaries of this unique event. This will be a wonderful opportunity for people to again feel part of the community while helping those who are most in need.” Mr. Boyea will serve as the Grand Marshal for the parade.

A $10 entry fee per vehicle, plus a non-perishable donation for CHOW, are all that are required to enter this event. Vehicles of every size, type, color, and make are invited to participate. Each entry will receive a pair of Sock Out Cancer socks courtesy of Security Mutual Life Insurance Co.

“You’ll see Street Rods, race cars, fire trucks, antique vehicles, and even a few grocery getters that want to help Sock Out Cancer,” added Connelly. “We live in a community that is quick to step up and help a neighbor.”

The 9.4 mile route more than triples the longest parade on record. “The first Ringling Bros Barnum and Bailey combined circus parade in 1920 stretched out for 3 miles and traveled from the fairgrounds to downtown where it wove around through the streets,” wrote Broome County Historian Roger Luther.

Those wishing to participate can contact Bob Connelly at 607-343-2968.

MEDIA CONTACTS

Bob Connelly

607-343-2968

Bruce Boyea

Security Mutual Life

607-723-3551

Ron Hills

Race Report Productions *

607-222-7397

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Newest Images

Balh

Views: 150
Posted by: Big Dan
in: My First Album
RoC SS Tommy Krawczyk wins

Views: 465
Posted by: Admin
in: My First Album
test embed 33

Views: 0
Posted by: Admin