Author Topic: No Racing in Month of April at Merrittville Speedway  (Read 83 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
No Racing in Month of April at Merrittville Speedway
« on: April 01, 2020, 05:47:11 PM »
MEDIA RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 3-30-20 MERRITTVILLE SPEEDWAY

No Racing in Month of April at Merrittville Speedway

THOROLD, ONTARIO (March 30, 2020) … Due to the non-essential business lockdown put in place by The Canadian government, Merrittville Speedway has announced that there will be no racing during the month of April at the Thorold, Ontario speedplant.

The fluid situation of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change daily. The events that have been postponed include the test, tune, and inspection day on April 11, the Spring Sizzler on April 18 featuring the Southern Ontario Sprints, and the 69th season opener on Saturday, April 25.

“We at Merrittville Speedway have every intention of opening for the 2020 season” comments owners Don and Lorraine Spiece. The Spiece family adds that “the safety of the drivers, crews, officials, staff, and fans remains our top priority.”

Merrittville Speedway has already announced the cancel the car show at the Seaway Mall in Welland, Ontario March 29-April 4.

Fans are encouraged to keep up to date with all the schedules and if any changes are needed by following Merrittville on social media including Facebook (facebook.com/MerrittvilleSpeedway), Twitter (@Merrittville), and online at www.merrittvillespeedway.com

###

--
Steven Petty
Co-Advisor: WGCC 90.7 FM Genesee Community College
Public Address Announcer: The College at Brockport (SUNY) Golden Eagles
Director of Public & Media Relations/Announcer: Humberstone Speedway
Director of Public & Media Relations/Announcer: Merrittville Speedway

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take away everything that you have."

Newest Images

Torpedo Tom

Views: 213
Posted by: Admin
in: My First Album
Test image

Views: 70
Posted by: Admin
in: Test Media
test image 2

Views: 90
Posted by: Big Dan