Author Topic: Oswego  (Read 4050 times)

bakes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Oswego
« on: June 18, 2011, 05:27:35 PM »
Per Pinner's, there are 29 supers in the pits tonight.   Yes, 29... for a regular show.

Just two years ago they were happy to get 17 or 18 cars.  A lot of this has to do with the Torrese brothers buying the place, putting a lot of work and money into it, and generating a serious and positive buzz about the future of the speedway.  Pretty amazing turnaround. Can't wait to make it there later this year.

SuperModFan923

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Oswego
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 11:15:20 PM »
heard there was a crash involving joey payne tonight......it sounds like he wasen't too happy when he posted on his facebook page. any updates or stories??
thanks!!

2017 Visited Tracks: Lancaster Speedway (5),  Ransomville Speedway (1)

Twizted

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook & The Fan page
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 01:39:12 AM »
That's really good to hear

no74falcon

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 07:54:31 AM »
Per Pinner's, there are 29 supers in the pits tonight.   Yes, 29... for a regular show.

Just two years ago they were happy to get 17 or 18 cars.  A lot of this has to do with the Torrese brothers buying the place, putting a lot of work and money into it, and generating a serious and positive buzz about the future of the speedway.  Pretty amazing turnaround. Can't wait to make it there later this year.

Yup, 29 cars. Had to run a consi and some cars went home. First 30 lapper was a little slow, lots of wrecks. Second 30 lapper had I think 18 cars able to restart and went green to checkers.

Payne and Ritskes got together while racing for first. The banzai move that Ritskes made going into 3 was clean but he slid up and Payne got back inside through 4. It looked to me like they just got to rubbing a little and couldn't get away from each other down the front stretch. Both went into the turn 1 wall.

As far as a positive buzz goes, yes... A lot of improvements. Place looked GREAT! Don't give me this bullsh!t about how in a perfect world we wouldn't need to discuss what was wrong with the place blah blah blah. There is a big difference between constructive criticism and never having anything good to say or being so dramatic about how you can't bring in your own food... Carrying on like they took your first born child. We walked out to the car 3 times for no other reason but to stretch our legs and for my girlfriend to change into some pants and believe it or not, we never missed a lap. Bought our tickets, yet we didn't have to sit in the car all night to feed our face with food we brought from home. I believe our burger, fries, and soda meal deals were $7.25 each. I think a Big Mac deal at McDonald's is now very close to that.

Positive thought bring positive things. Negative thoughts... Well you get it. Most of you anyway.
Allen Clark
Erieville, N.Y.
In God We Trust

flash

• View Profile
    • Mojo Photos
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 09:03:07 AM »
Sure is nice to see a POSITIVE post on raceny! Thanks for sharing Allen. I was very impressed when I went up Memorial Day weekend. The new management seems to be heading things in the right direction in a hurry. Can't wait for RoC weekend!

Duane Canfield
MoJo Photos
Drive it like you stole it.

no74falcon

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »
Also want to add... A Super Mod driver told me that last week, they had a rain delay, Track management told the racers they had two choices. The track would hold their tires and they could go home, or the teams could use their tow rigs to dry the track. They voted and decided to stay and race. At the end of the night, the track gave every team a $25 gas card for the gas they used in their trucks.

Did I forget to cry that I couldn't bring in my own food?
Allen Clark
Erieville, N.Y.
In God We Trust

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 09:43:47 AM »
"The banzai move that Ritskes made going into 3 was clean but he slid up........."

A CLEAN banzai move?  Now that's a concept I've never heard of before. Did Ted Christpher perfect that?

Do they serve fresh banzai at the concession stands?  Allen, have they hung new "chicken wire" on the front grand stand yet?  ;)
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

68mustangfb

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »
Great Post Allen. Thanks for sharing the positives with us ALL !
"But I just DON'T GET IT",  HOW DARE THEY (the brothers) MAKE ANY MONEY IN BUSINESS ! LOLOLOL  JMO MR  8)
Mods,  Pa. possie; 410 sprint
RACING !

no74falcon

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 12:47:35 PM »
A clean banzai move is when someone other than TC does it Mike... ;) Ritskes just sailed it into 3, never made contact, and slid up out of the groove. TC would have sailed it in there and bounced off whatever got in his path. ;D

The chicken wire has not been replaced to my knowledge, but when my girlfriend asked about the "black clumps" hanging from the wire, I explained to her what it was and didn't really notice it being in any need of repair, but I guess I didn't look that close either.

Another improvement I did notice was the remodeled restrooms had REAL black and white tile on the floor, in a checkered fashion of course.

Did I mention that those times we went out to the parking lot, or either of us went to the restroom, there was a steady line at the consession stand?
Allen Clark
Erieville, N.Y.
In God We Trust

heroth00

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »
We never got a 25$ gas card....?

Kreig Heroth

no74falcon

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »
Please ask Kreig. Certainly don't want you missing out.
Allen Clark
Erieville, N.Y.
In God We Trust

Modules

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 08:42:29 PM »
I made the 2+ hr drive for the first time in a couple years and I was very impressed with the whole place. The bathrooms towards turn 4 had a fresh coat of paint and was very clean. The racing was excellent and where else can you go to a pavement track and have the headline division have enough cars to run a consi? I will be making the drive more now.