Author Topic: New Smyrna Healthy Mod Field  (Read 7007 times)

shadow21

• View Profile
New Smyrna Healthy Mod Field
« on: February 04, 2020, 04:25:56 PM »
Packing today for the annual Florida trip I thought I'd check the entry lists at New Smyrna. Good turn out for the tour mods: 36 entries.
One of those was Bubba Pollard. I thought that name was supposed to be in the Super Late Model list, but with a little checking I see that he is driving for Ryan Preece. Some recent years there were modified fields in the low 20's. Looking forward to next week.

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New Smyrna Healthy Mod Field
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 11:53:40 AM »
36 is healthy with no other track racing? LMAO

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 01:52:54 PM »
To my way of thinking, a very large number of northern teams are willing to travel a couple thousand miles to race 5 times at New Smyrna and possibly 1 additional time at Bronson.  I think that's pretty impressive given the expenses, time away from work, etc. 

My only question?  How come we don't see more support from southern teams?
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 02:26:19 PM »
To my way of thinking, a very large number of northern teams are willing to travel a couple thousand miles to race 5 times at New Smyrna and possibly 1 additional time at Bronson.  I think that's pretty impressive given the expenses, time away from work, etc. 

My only question?  How come we don't see more support from southern teams?

They have a tough time supporting racing in there own state(s) let alone travel to sunny Fla. Think about it NASCAR gave up Mods down there and outside of Bubba Goof they are hard pressed to get 14-15 cars for other races.  Not surprising at all.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Welshans32

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 11:46:49 AM »
Yeah it is a healthy feild, it not the middle if August it's the middle of the off season. 95% of those mods traveled at least 1000 miles to be there. I'm sure they won't start more then 28 or so. So tell us what would you consider a healthy feild?

DPackman_PR

• Champion
  • Full time supporter of EVERY racetrack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 11:49:07 AM »
Yeah it is a healthy feild, it not the middle if August it's the middle of the off season. 95% of those mods traveled at least 1000 miles to be there. I'm sure they won't start more then 28 or so. So tell us what would you consider a healthy feild?

Exactly, for early February and 90% of the teams coming in from the north, it's definitely a healthy field.
Dakota J. Packman

Check out the all new OFFICIAL Wyoming County International Speedway Facebook page
at www.Facebook.com/TheOfficialWCIS !

And our new Official website at www.TheBullringWCIS.com !

shadow21

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 03:24:34 PM »
As of last update, 1-29 here are the entries.

This is the biggest tour mod field I have seen in the 15 years I have been going to the World Series at NS. Welshans32 is right. When you consider taking time off from work, travel expenses back and forth, lodging and meals down there, plus the cost of putting a car on the track for 5 nights this is good news.

To answer Phredo, only 5 entries from the South. The main reason we don't see any southern teams up North is that there aren't many.  I used to live in South Carolina and saw that, with a couple local exceptions (like Bowman Gray), late models dominate the south as the top division.

2 J.R Bertuccio Franklin TN
4 Jeffrey Gallup Feeding Hills MA
5 Kyle Ebersole Mooresville NC
6 Ryan Preece Berlin CT
7 Rich Parker Forked River NJ
12 Joe Bertuccio Statesville NC
14 Broc Brown Shickshinny PA
16 Anthony Sesely Port Monmouth NJ
17 Jeremy Gestner Tampa FL
21 Paul Townsend Guelph ON
21 Jimmy Blewett Howell NJ
21KJN Jim Gavek Effort PA
21KJN Jimmy Zacharias Condor NY
22 Eddie McCarthy Brick NJ
23 Joe Degracia Lyndhurst NJ
24 Dean Rypkema Owego NY
25 Brian Robie Sunapee NH
26 Bubba Pollard Senoia GA
27 Adam LaCicero, Lavallette NJ
32 Tyler Rypkema Owego NY
33 TBA (Gary Fountain Racing)
36 David Sapienza Riverhead NY
41 Kevin Shea Mystic CT
45 Brett Meservey Brewsyer MA
45 Timmy Catalano Ontario NY
54 Tommy Catalano Ontario NY
55 John Gerstner Wesley Chapel FL
56 Amy Catalano Ontario NY
56 Craig Lutz Miller Place NY
58 Eric Goodale Riverhead NY
59 Teddy Cranmer North Hanover NJ
60 Matt Hirschman North Hampton PA
83 Mike Willis JR Grantham NH
92 Anthony Nocella Woburn MA
07 Patrick Emerling Holland NY
09 Brad Vanhouten Wading River NY

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 04:36:09 PM »
Tyler Rypkema has potentially terminal engine issues after 3 laps of practice today. Not sure if they'll be able to continue.

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 08:28:11 PM »
Bubba Pollard, in a Ryan Preece car also exploded an engine today.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 08:23:27 AM »
First of all, considering the less than stellar support for the modified class, from sanctioning organizations, and track promoters, 29-30 cars is a good showing. Factoring in the towing costs, and time away from full-time jobs, as previously mentioned, makes this a daunting task, for most of the modified teams.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is weather. I was viewing the 'Weather Channel' last evening, to see how severe the snow storms will be here, in the northeast, and I was quite shocked to see the thunderstorms, tornadoes, and flooding that's occurring in the southeastern United States. It looks like some of the racing may be affected, as well as the ability of the teams being able to return home, as some major roads are being heavily damaged by overflowing streams and rivers.

Be safe, everyone!!

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 12:28:01 PM »
First of all, considering the less than stellar support for the modified class, from sanctioning organizations, and track promoters, 29-30 cars is a good showing. Factoring in the towing costs, and time away from full-time jobs, as previously mentioned, makes this a daunting task, for most of the modified teams.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is weather. I was viewing the 'Weather Channel' last evening, to see how severe the snow storms will be here, in the northeast, and I was quite shocked to see the thunderstorms, tornadoes, and flooding that's occurring in the southeastern United States. It looks like some of the racing may be affected, as well as the ability of the teams being able to return home, as some major roads are being heavily damaged by overflowing streams and rivers.

Be safe, everyone!!
Geez Foot, with that forecast makes me glad I'm not down there. ( well..a little anyway).   On pavement a 30 count is considered good anymore. He77 even the great paying TTOM has to squeeze to get near 40 so 30 down there is pretty damn good I think.  I hope they get over 20 for Bronson this Sat.....for Bronson's sake.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 08:54:37 PM »
So all the mods in the whole US and Canada only 36 cars go. the off season argument is junk esp when your off 3 months and 1 week then off another 3 more. NO drivers from NC or SC. yes good count from the north and even one north of the wall but the south just failed.

canuck5902

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 07:14:57 AM »
Are you there holland?

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 08:30:38 PM »
nope but watching and bubba blew his motor take one off the list

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 07:00:25 AM »
What is the schedule for the modified racing and will it be shown on Fans Choice?