Author Topic: Make America great again  (Read 2147 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Make America great again
« on: August 11, 2019, 05:00:34 PM »
 Is America great today?  When was America great?  Why does Trump imply it's not great?  What say ye?
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
Re: Make America great again
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 08:45:33 AM »
Complain all you want about the current state of affairs in this great (yes, I said GREAT) nation of ours.  Regardless of one's political preference, I don't see a huge number of people who want to leave it at the moment.  Despite media reports of all this gloom and doom, we still enjoy many more freedom(s) and opportunities here more than most others in the woirld.  I am still amused by the reports regarding some "B" list celebrities who received much attention for threatening to leave the country if Trump was elected; yet nearly all (if not all) are still here.  Individuals like Rosie O' Donnell, Cher, Madonna, Samuel L. Jackson, Whoopie Goldberg and others tried to "jump-start" their fading careers by getting on board of the liberal bandwagon.  The greatness of this country depends on its citizens desire to work hard instead of relying on the government to make decisions.  Some can point to problems they feel our nation currently has.  But, as I see it, the ONLY political entity that needs to be addressed is Congress!!!  If you truly believe that only ONE person(Trump or all those who preceded him) has the sole power to change this country, then it logically follows that you must also believe we live in a dictatorship! 
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Make America great again
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 06:58:04 AM »
Complain all you want about the current state of affairs in this great (yes, I said GREAT) nation of ours.  Regardless of one's political preference, I don't see a huge number of people who want to leave it at the moment.  Despite media reports of all this gloom and doom, we still enjoy many more freedom(s) and opportunities here more than most others in the woirld.  I am still amused by the reports regarding some "B" list celebrities who received much attention for threatening to leave the country if Trump was elected; yet nearly all (if not all) are still here.  Individuals like Rosie O' Donnell, Cher, Madonna, Samuel L. Jackson, Whoopie Goldberg and others tried to "jump-start" their fading careers by getting on board of the liberal bandwagon. The greatness of this country depends on its citizens desire to work hard instead of relying on the government to make decisions.  Some can point to problems they feel our nation currently has.  But, as I see it, the ONLY political entity that needs to be addressed is Congress!!!  If you truly believe that only ONE person (Trump or all those who preceded him) has the sole power to change this country, then it logically follows that you must also believe we live in a dictatorship!

Well stated!