Author Topic: Off Topic forum?  (Read 1222 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Off Topic forum?
« on: August 09, 2019, 07:32:50 AM »
 When and why was the off-topic forum removed?  Was it announced prior to or discussed? 
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic forum?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 09:10:52 AM »
Don't know but was it ever really necessary on a site focused on racing?  Plenty of Internet mud pits  if one wants to debate controversial subjects ..why pollute it here?  There is a site (racing) in NE that is over run with personal political beliefs disguised as racing topics. Most of the time it's hard to digest.   My .02 anyway.

"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 03:51:10 PM »
Hey Mike,

Couple of my thoughts....Most of here are like minded folks and "know" one another to some degree.  The forum allowed us to express our views openly (racing aside) and we had some sort of an idea of whom we were in agreement or disagreement most of the time.  Often the commentary was vitriolic, personal and failed to lend itself to anything productive...I include myself in this.  This being stated it's been months since that type of discussion has occurred so the timing has me curious along with there's generally an explanation why changes are made....curious more than anything here tis all.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 11:30:44 AM »
Oh heck, it was me who removed it. Plain and simple, didn't seem folks were using it so I threw it in the bit bucket.

I've restored it for everyone's viewing again.

Forum's in general are dying out everywhere...darn shame. Glad to know someone appreciated it...thx Way 2 Lo.  :)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 04:25:07 PM »
 Hmmm...seems to have been removed a 2nd time ;)