Author Topic: Woodhull & Tornado  (Read 3299 times)

itchypav

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Woodhull & Tornado
« on: July 30, 2013, 11:00:16 AM »
This was close. Touchdown #2 happened just after Sat 7/27  races were called and people started to leave.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Woodhull & Tornado
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »
Yup. That's why I said - the only way Woodhull cancels is if there's a tornado. Or a blizzard, but then they'd just break out the snowmobiles and 4 wheel drives...

itchypav

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 03:04:54 PM »
This basically missed a full racetrack by a few hundred yards.
Now that's a bunch of tough rednecks.

rich_vleck

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 03:11:55 PM »
I thought we had a window...whoops...

dan dan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »
i missed it by seconds, for real. i was almost to where the last bridge is before you go down the hill to turn left to track and the wind and rain was unreal. it was raining so hard i doubt you could even see it. right before the bridge i seen glen going the other way so i turned around in the driveway right before the bridge( which had a big tree acroos the road right before it) and headed home.

itchypav

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »
As I was leaving the pits for my car - I looked ahead at the black wall cloud and saw what looked like a white funnel on the edge of it so I turned to the guy walking with me and commented that that looked like a tornado. (at the time it didn't dawn on me that it actually could be one) At the same time I looked left and saw the wall of water coming so we booked and ran for the cars then it downpoured.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 02:06:56 PM »
Oh, you had a window, Rich. It was the neighbor's window flying by.......... :D

HARDNUT9

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 10:08:09 PM »
Lol. At least they make an attempt to race. How many rain outs on a half schedule can you have? I bet more than Woodhull! Oh they calling for rain tomorrow. Bkackrock must be already to cancel!
Much better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!