Author Topic: Healthcare in America  (Read 5498 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Healthcare in America
« on: July 19, 2017, 06:21:33 PM »
 It saddens and disturbs me our Country, the wealthiest nation on earth fails to provide opportunity for healthcare for all citizens regardless.

Our Government is currently wreaking havoc over this issue.  The stress, anxiety, and,fear, imposed upon our citizens due to the uncertainty, broken promises, etc. of this issue is cruel.

I believe the questions can be more important than the answers... I once heard the question asked..."In the years to come how will we respond when asked, why is it with all our wealth we failed to take care of our people"? 
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Healthcare in America
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 08:51:02 AM »
It saddens and disturbs me our Country, the wealthiest nation on earth fails to provide opportunity for healthcare for all citizens regardless.

Our Government is currently wreaking havoc over this issue.  The stress, anxiety, and,fear, imposed upon our citizens due to the uncertainty, broken promises, etc. of this issue is cruel.

I believe the questions can be more important than the answers... I once heard the question asked..."In the years to come how will we respond when asked, why is it with all our wealth we failed to take care of our people"?

And who do you expect to pay for all of this?? Do you believe in "wealth redistribution"? Expecting the working class, those who actually have some sort of work ethic, and sense of personal responsibility, to continue to pay not only their own bills, but the bills of those too lazy or uneducated to find a job, is insane. NOBODY ever paid for my parents' or my own health insurance, except ourselves. Our insurance was a "discounted" health care plan, obtained through our respective employers.

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 09:13:08 AM »
  Please refer to Trump's campaign promise Leadfoot....Claiming better, cheaper, and coverage for all.

Refer to this...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/most-efficient-healthcare_n_3825477.html

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:02:25 AM by Way 2 Lo »
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
Why in the 2013 link the majority of countries are N/A?

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 04:37:18 PM »
Leadfoot,

IIRC your commentary often centers on costs and who will foot the bill especially for those who are unemployed for various reasons.  That is a valid concern I share with you.

But what of those who for various reasons need health care yet are unable to fend for themselves, what do we do for them?  Do they deserve care? 

What is your solution for the the health care industry that drives up the costs of end of life care for the terminally ill?  the pharmaceutical industry and the outrageous cost of medicine?

Question: Do you support the right to die legislation?

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 06:34:28 PM »
Leadfoot,

IIRC your commentary often centers on costs and who will foot the bill especially for those who are unemployed for various reasons.  That is a valid concern I share with you.

But what of those who for various reasons need health care yet are unable to fend for themselves, what do we do for them?  Do they deserve care? 

What is your solution for the the health care industry that drives up the costs of end of life care for the terminally ill?  the pharmaceutical industry and the outrageous cost of medicine?

Question: Do you support the right to die legislation?

I'm 65 years old, therefore, my personal experience, and memory, goes back quite a way. I never, until the last 6-7 years, remember SO much ado, regarding health care/health insurance. There's a well used phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". The Democratic party, led by the questionable POTUS, Barack Obama, decided they were going to "fix" the health care industry. HOW HAS THAT WORKED OUT FOR THE COUNTRY??

With respect to Donald Trump's pledges, consider this.....From the morning after he won the election, the liberals and Democrats have been doing anything and everything they can, to put the screws to him, and indirectly, also putting the screws to the country. Secondly, Obama and "crew" had 7 years to, to "booby-trap" the system, and in essence, pave the path for Hillary Clinton, the person they THOUGHT was on the way.....but it didn't happen. Trump has been in DC only 7 months. What else can I say?

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 07:51:51 PM »
I don't remember reading anything in the Constitution or Bill of Rights which says it "requires"/"forces" it's citizens to buy anything from the government, either!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 10:53:21 AM »
I don't remember reading anything in the Constitution or Bill of Rights which says it "requires"/"forces" it's citizens to buy anything from the government, either!

That is correct!!

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 09:43:48 PM »
I thought I heard on the radio yesterday that President Trump had just signed a piece of legislation that would permit all Veterans to use any doctor they wanted and they would have the hospital of their choice.

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile

DarwinsBeagle

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 05:16:50 PM »

Correct.  Health care, health insurance or anything else that you want to couch it in is not specifically addressed in the U.S. Constitution.  Thus, it becomes an issue that any state can address as it sees fit.

The only reason that the ACA was ever allowed to stay in place was because an intellectually disingenuous Supreme Court considered the ACA a "tax" rather than what it really was...unConstitutional.

If you don't like that explanation, then change the Constitution.  It has been amended 27 times so far.

The Federal government has become very well-versed in unConstitutional laws...and people like Way 2 Lo do not seem to be bothered by it.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 06:26:27 PM »
  Correct.  Health care, health insurance or anything else that you want to couch it in is not specifically addressed in the U.S. Constitution.  Thus, it becomes an issue that any state can address as it sees fit.

The only reason that the ACA was ever allowed to stay in place was because an intellectually disingenuous Supreme Court considered the ACA a "tax" rather than what it really was...unConstitutional.

If you don't like that explanation, then change the Constitution.  It has been amended 27 times so far.

The Federal government has become very well-versed in unConstitutional laws...and people like Way 2 Lo do not seem to be bothered by it.

Well stated!

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 07:22:40 AM »
 Hey guys,

What do you propose be done to make health care available?  What of those who work but low wages keep them below or barely above the poverty line?  I get the impression you'd be okay with them suffering.

Leadfoot,  Spare me of your lectures about the past...times have changed.  I was shining shoes and selling newspapers on the street corner when you were in diapers.

DarwinsBeagle

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 11:41:52 PM »
I would recommend that you bring it up with your state legislature and governor's office.  This is a matter for individual states to address.  It is unConstitutional for the Federal government to pass legislation regarding health care or health insurance.

If you don't like that answer, lobby for the 28th Amendment to the Constitution to get it changed.  Not sure how much more clear this can be stated.

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 07:26:06 AM »
 You've brought up a good point. You also avoided my questions...