Author Topic: Looking For Saturday of Labor Day Weekend Race  (Read 3301 times)

Uncle Paul

• View Profile
Looking For Saturday of Labor Day Weekend Race
« on: August 16, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »
As per tradition, I'm heading up to Oswego for Classic Weekend. Usually I'm there Friday thru Sunday. Last two years I went to Brewerton on Friday (and loved it, so I'm returning this year) But this year I'm finding the Saturday race over priced for an ISMA race. Any suggestions for a CNY track running a big race that Saturday night? Preferably within an hour of Syracuse.

Thanks in advance.

matt_s86

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For Saturday of Labor Day Weekend Race
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »
Canandaigua is racing that night.  Always an awesome show there.

Also, if you're not exhausted after the Classic, Super DIRT Series is racing at Rolling Wheels that Sunday night.  I've always wanted to pull off that double, but have never been traveling with anyone else who was up for it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:40:05 AM by matt_s86 »

Oswegolkr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Petty Motorsports Media
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 10:49:03 AM »
I know you wanted to be within an hour of Syracuse but the Holland NASCAR Motorsports Complex is hosting Season Championships on Labor Day Weekend (Pro Mods, Late Models, Chargers and 4 Cylinder Hornets all running 50 lap features) plus Figure 8's and the NYPAMA TQ Midgets (have been getting 20 + every Saturday night)

Fulton Speedway: Season Championships (Big Block Mods/Sportsman/Novice Sportsman/Late Models/4 Cylinders plus Ladies Race

Canandaigua Motorsports Park: Championship Night (Big Block Modifieds/Sportsman/305 Sprints/Street Stocks/Pure Stocks)

If you are up for some more racing on Sunday and Monday, the Utica Rome Speedway is having the New Yorker 200 Weekend for the Modifieds. Sunday features the Empire Super Sprints and a full regular show.  Monday is the Modifieds 200 plus Sportsman.
Steven Petty
Announcer: Merrittville Speedway
Director of Media/Public Relations & Announcer: New Humberstone Speedway

Uncle Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »
Thanks for the great tips. I've been to Holland once and absolutely loved the place. Found the world's best buffalo wings at a bar not far from there too. But too far. I leave to early for Classic on Sunday and by the time I factor the gas  and tolls, the ISMA show will be a better bargain. Maybe it's finally time to visit Canandiagua

LR

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »
put them back on the mile.

SuperModFan923

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »
Bud Light 'Super Saturday' - Shea Concrete 'Steel Palace' ISMA SuperSeries Finale
 Bud Light SBS Classic Consi
 Bud Light TQ Midget Classic (35)
 Bud Light SBS Classic (75)
 Bud Light ISMA SuperNationals (60) with Heat Races
 G.A. $40 - Res. $45 - Pits $50
 Stands 3pm - Racing 5pm

I don't find that being overpriced, but then again I only get to see them 2 times a year. I drove to Sunset Speedway in Canada for ISMA and Can-Am TQ's and paid the same price....the races were great and worth the price and time...
2017 Visited Tracks: Lancaster Speedway (5),  Ransomville Speedway (1)

Xmodifiedracer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »
Canandaigua is your answer!!!!!!!!

24KC

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 06:32:10 PM »
Head down 81 south to 5 Mile.  Season championship nite.  Could be a historic nite as Mike Colsten leads modified points.

Uncle Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »
Bud Light 'Super Saturday' - Shea Concrete 'Steel Palace' ISMA SuperSeries Finale
 Bud Light SBS Classic Consi
 Bud Light TQ Midget Classic (35)
 Bud Light SBS Classic (75)
 Bud Light ISMA SuperNationals (60) with Heat Races
 G.A. $40 - Res. $45 - Pits $50
 Stands 3pm - Racing 5pm

I don't find that being overpriced, but then again I only get to see them 2 times a year. I drove to Sunset Speedway in Canada for ISMA and Can-Am TQ's and paid the same price....the races were great and worth the price and time...

If the only bring the 15 - 18 cars they had this past weekend or 19 cars at Waterford (only 17 started), it will be.

oldguy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »
If you need a touch of dirt in your beer, Fulton is an excellent choice, and only 20 minutes from Oswego.
John Flock