Author Topic: Billys book  (Read 2338 times)

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
Billys book
« on: January 11, 2021, 02:01:08 PM »
who has read it and what did you think?
You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Billys book
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 07:15:59 AM »
"chief", could you elaborate a little more....what is "Billy's book"?

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 08:39:35 AM »
My younger brother racing "Billy Maynard" wrote a book as his health went downhill from being diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer. At the time I thought he was doing it to ease his mind but now think he did it to ease ours.
By ours I mean the family, racing family and everyone he had ever crossed paths with. It was a limited published thing with 250 prepaid orders and sold out before arrival.
I put this here on RNY because I don't do the face things or any other  sites. Only here. Where the racers hang. Where Billy showed me how to keep up to date with the racing news.
I saw a lot of familiar buyers names on the mailing list and figure the most that knew him from his racing days would be the opinions I think he mostly was looking forward to. He struggled to get this done and he really struggled to get them all autographed.
He got it done.
R.I.P. Bmr69 a.k.a. WVMP1

You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 08:19:02 AM »
I would love to get a copy of this book.I remember Billy winning his first modified feature at Tioga and camping next to the Maynard crew at Tioga as well.A class act indeed.

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 12:33:03 PM »
The Hill Speedway in Monroeton, PA will be hosting the $1,069 Billy Maynard Memorial on July 2 for IMCA Modifieds.  I will be in attendance to honor the gentleman.
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.