Author Topic: OUTLAW SPEEDWAY USES ONE WEEK LAY OFF TO OVERHAUL THE RACING SURFACE...  (Read 296 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
OUTLAW SPEEDWAY USES ONE WEEK LAY OFF TO OVERHAUL THE RACING SURFACE.

Story by Kenny Shupp Jr.

(Dundee, NY) The last minute decision to take a one week respite between the regular and fall seasons at the Outlaw Speedway has allowed track owner/promoter, Tyler Siri and his track crew to make some necessary major changes to the racing surface.
“When we decided to take a one week break after the regular season point finale heading into the fall series.  It not only gave the racers a night off, but it allowed me and the crew to work on the racing track.  This whole year has been pretty well messed up right from the start due to COVID 19.  In the spring we never thought we would be allowed to even open in 2020, then things changed in early June allowing pit entry so we could at least race.  I knew we needed to do some work on the track but running week to week I just didn’t dare chance it.  But with the layoff we had the opportunity to do some catch up work and now we are all set to when we begin the fall series on September 11.”  That according to Bossman, Tyler Siri.

An all-out effort has found a widening of both the front and back straight a ways of the famed Yates County oval.  New clay was placed in the corners at both ends of the speedway and the scales have been moved to the pit area. This will allow cars that need to be weighed the opportunity to go directly to the pit area rather than going into the infield area where the scales were previously located.  In addition, the pit area has had a major face-lifting with a complete re-gravel, grading and compaction of all existing dirt areas.

Siri then went onto say, “These are projects that needed to be done much earlier, but again we were completely shut down in the spring when we could have been doing a lot of this work.  When NYS Governor Cuomo said we could open for pit admission we hurried around and got the place opened on basically a few days’ notice.  Now we have the racing surface back in good shape, we widened out the straights, added clay, moved the scales, overhauled the pits and did some other work.  I feel confident the drivers will like what they see when we get back to racing next week.”

When the 2020 Outlaw Speedway Fall Series begins on Friday, September 11 the weekly program will consist of Super 6 Show featuring the Friendly, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram Modifieds, the Sunrise Insulation American Racer Tire Crate Sportsman as well as the Hoosier Tire Crate Sportsman.  Also on the card it will be the Stan’s No Tubes Street Stocks, the IMCA Hobby Stocks as well as the Mighty 4 Cylinder Mini Stocks. 

Drivers will draw for opening night heat race alignments and then another re-draw will take place for all qualified drivers in each division to set up the feature fields. 
Each event will be staged on Friday nights and will be under NYS Health Department and Cuomo guidelines stating that no fans will be allowed in the grandstand seating area. 

Pit admission is available and for those that choose not to attend Pay Per View can be attained by going to www.DirtTrackDigest.tv.     
Pit gates open at 5:30 pm with hot laps starting at 6:30. The first green flag waves at 7:30 pm. 

For more information including photos of the recent track improvements as well as continual updates leading into each night of action simply go to www.Facebook.com/OutlawSpeedwayLLC/

A list of the Regular Season Point standings, class rules and procedures, sponsor and employee information along with directions to the facility can be found at www.outlawspeedwayllc.com
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."