Author Topic: Chemung speedrome gets the Go ahead to race and have FANS IN THE STANDS july24t  (Read 13767 times)

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
To be fair, there was already a conflict with Chemung ROC vs Monadnock Tri Track when the schedules were released before the Covid hit us.

Welshans32

• Veteran
    • View Profile
It does suck that both series are running the same day, but in all seriousness how many drivers consistently support both series? Andy j n Hirschman are the only two I can think of

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Presser from Fonda Speedway

FONDA, NY – As stated earlier in the week, Fonda Speedway management will be making adjustments to the remainder of the 2020 schedule per regulations in place by New York State not allowing spectators of any kind in both the Grandstand and Drive-In areas.

Don't know how Ray is going to pull off this show.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Sadly, I think this "Kung-flu" fiasco is going to sound the death knell for many of New York's motorsports tracks....

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
 As we all know, there is still a lot of Covid Deaths going on in OUR COUNTRY & the rest of the world. Strong "Recommendations" in regards to "physical" distancing for the remainder of this YEAR and how we move forward as RESPONSIBLE human beings, im sorry to say, might STILL reflect decisions to have gatherings at a race track.
  IMO somehow it just doesn't seem right to "Unnecessarily" gather; especially with no cure for the Corona-virus yet. NYS looks good right now, but the rest of OUR Country is still spreading this virus like Crazy. I Love Racing, but The "Human Race" have not won this race against the Covid-19 yet; WE have not stopped the spread yet; and the SCIENCE Models are "RIGHT NOW" trending towards the USA getting even worse.
 Racers & Fans, We have to HELP STOP the Spread and Think about the Big Picture for now!
[/quote]

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
As we all know, there is still a lot of Covid Deaths going on in OUR COUNTRY & the rest of the world. Strong 
 Racers & Fans, We have to HELP STOP the Spread and Think about the Big Picture for now!

"countrydave", there is more than a single viewpoint, when discussing the "big picture". Let me offer a few..........

A) the financial survival of the racetracks, meaning their promoters and staff members. Think along the lines of restaurants, travel agencies and the "corner grocery store", too. They are all "small businesses" that don't necessarily have deep enough pockets to survive, without their usual income stream;

B) the racers themselves. Some actually support themselves with their winnings. No winnings, no income;

C) the parts and tire suppliers. They depend on being able to sell their goods and services, to generate income. AND I'm pretty sure that many of these businesses spent money to bring in inventory for the 2020 season. That inventory has been paid for, and is now sitting;

D) the logistics of most race tracks. Obviously, they are outdoor venues, with plenty of air circulation. Furthermore, most tracks, these days, don't "pack them in" like they used to, in the 60s and 70s. I went to the 3 ROC modified shows at Spencer, last year, and although a majority of the fans were seated between the start line and turn 1, if necessary, people could have EASILY spread out much further, and maintained some distance between each other, and still there would have been some room in the stands;

E) the overhead, even without operating. Race tracks in NY, at best, could get in 10-12 shows. But the track sits there 52 weeks, accruing taxes, etc. Same with the other businesses I mentioned, as they have rent and utilities, etc.

If this crap continues much longer, too many businesses will simply run out of money, and NEVER re-open. Which means hundreds of thousands more people will become unemployed, unable to support themselves.

THEN WHAT?????

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
As we all know, there is still a lot of Covid Deaths going on in OUR COUNTRY & the rest of the world. Strong "Recommendations" in regards to "physical" distancing for the remainder of this YEAR and how we move forward as RESPONSIBLE human beings, im sorry to say, might STILL reflect decisions to have gatherings at a race track.
  IMO somehow it just doesn't seem right to "Unnecessarily" gather; especially with no cure for the Corona-virus yet. NYS looks good right now, but the rest of OUR Country is still spreading this virus like Crazy. I Love Racing, but The "Human Race" have not won this race against the Covid-19 yet; WE have not stopped the spread yet; and the SCIENCE Models are "RIGHT NOW" trending towards the USA getting even worse.
[/quote] Take a breath Dave. You're talking about something that 98.5% of people that contract it have no ill effects.   We are being conditioned ... don't go quietly.

Crushem

• Veteran
    • View Profile
So , Chemung is having fans in the stands and Lancaster is not ?? WTF, last i knew Chemung and Lancaster are in NY state

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
So , Chemung is having fans in the stands and Lancaster is not ?? WTF, last i knew Chemung and Lancaster are in NY state

You could of mentioned every other asphalt track in NY besides Lancaster also.  Chemung must be willing to take a risk.   Are you willing to pay Lancaster's fines?

tp176

• View Profile
    • TIGOR Race Components
And Bethel can have fans why? Check the bloodline and follow the money trail to Heir Cuomos war chest....
Home of the wildest wheelers ever built - TIGOR Switches too!!!

chuck25

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Good idea. Are Mike and his partner Republicans.?! I guess yes. If Chemung and the others race with fans and no fines, then the political agenda has truly taken over.

chuck25

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Give them there 6’ and Masks and it shouldn’t be a problem. What a joke.

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
 Hey Race Ny'ers...Attn; Utica Mike & Lead ft 4...I'm just pointing out why our state has strict guidelines....I want to go racin' ! I' guess I shouldn't use words like Recommend, Responsible or Necessary. Some NY'ers might see/say 98.5% having no I''ll Effects... but if you turn the channel you see: FOUR Million American People AFFECTED, Infected; could not take a breath, leading to 145,000 Americans Dead. I guess I should not of said Big Picture, as some people refer this as $, not life! (so....then what) (Maybe have this country be UNITED and not have 50 states to fend for themselves like we've been doin' for the last 5 months!)(Canada used a UNITED - TEAM Canada - approach and stopped the spread)  I would like to add a thumbnail of what is happening to the USA because we cannot stop the spread! Oh and buy the way, just in case anyone throws this into the equation - the flu killed 34,200 Americans last year with a vaccine.........Covid-19 is projected to hit 500,000 dead if we dont stop it, with no vaccine. 

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:24:08 PM by countrydave »

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
I'll bet you sleep with one on and drive alone wearing it too.  Go to Chemung. wear your mask

bring your own food so you can stay 6' from everyone on the hill. I'm going to NH and race

without a mask. I'm selfish and I wan to kill everyone in the Granite state........

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I'm not a bettin' man...ask the guys in the race pool....
can we go racin' at chemung and not get fined if there are more than 50 fans?...
If I went to NHMS.... I would wear one though (responsible)...
not statin' anyone selfish, killer...