Author Topic: For Discussion: Here we go again!!!  (Read 1950 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
For Discussion: Here we go again!!!
« on: August 01, 2018, 10:43:55 AM »
Up for discussion is THIS:...MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Sprint car driver Justin Peck, who was suspended by DIRTcar earlier this week after he was found to be in violation of the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series’ substance abuse policy, is cooperating with officials in hopes of a speedy return to the race track.

“I would like to start off by apologizing to my family, friends, supporters, fans and all of those who have helped me throughout my career,” Peck said in a statement he emailed to SPEED SPORT on Wednesday. “I am sorry to have disappointed you. I am extremely grateful to have an incredible support system that is behind me during this difficult time. I take full responsibility for my actions and can assure everyone that this mistake in judgment will never occur again.

“To clarify any allegations, never have I been under the influence of any substance while driving a race car,” Peck continued. “I am currently taking steps to fully cooperate with the World of Outlaws by completing a drug-education program to get back in a race car as soon as possible.”

Peck’s random test taken on July 12 prior to a World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series event at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio, tested positive for marijuana metabolite.

Peck was suspended for 90 days from the date of the test and also fined $1,000. He may reduce that suspension to 60 days with the completion of an alcohol or drug-education program. Peck must pass two drug tests over the final 14 days of his suspension as well as pay his fine in order to be reinstated. He has the right to appeal the penalty.

Peck is the fifth driver to be suspended as part of DIRTcar’s Substance Abuse Policy, which was introduced in 2017.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: For Discussion: Here we go again!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 12:29:33 PM »
WHAT???

The dude first says that he never raced while under the influence, yet he was tested at the track, prior to a competition event, and failed the test. HUH???

Who's he trying to "BS", besides himself???

rg23

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 01:27:23 PM »
It's traceable in the blood for a few weeks.  Doesn't mean he was high at the track.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 02:31:13 PM »
It's traceable in the blood for a few weeks.  Doesn't mean he was high at the track.

Doesn't mean he wasn't, either....

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 11:16:11 AM »
At least he admitted !!! He didn't run away or pretend to fall down.

dustydarkwater

• Veteran
    • View Profile
“It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you place the blame.”
 Oscar Wilde