Author Topic: Canandaigua meeting  (Read 5453 times)

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Canandaigua meeting
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 12:41:39 PM »
Last I knew, there was a GRIT American racer, and a GRIT Hoosier, because of the car count that supported the last great show at Rolling Wheels.

I agree, Doug. It's confusing when non-sanctioned tracks have sanctioned shows. The thought process behind my comments on the sportsman supporting the Super DIRTcar Series race at Dundee stem from the fact that last year, it WAS a DIRTcar sportsman series race, which dictated Hoosier tires. It's why drivers like Adam Leslie and Jessica Power drove so far to participate. The problem was - the normal class of Sportsman at Dundee run American Racers. A good portion don't even own Hoosier tires, so there was a ton of complaints about it.

I say you sit back and see what happens at Canandaigua. Those guys are all out at PRI learning how to be better at everything required to make racing great again. I have a lot of faith that the season will be good at Canandaigua.

Orange18

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 02:50:52 PM »
Thanks Sunny! Yes I think that a Dirt series race at a non sanction track that runs AR tires would ***** off the weekly racers, at lest the lower classes that cant afford to go buy two more sets of tires for one race. It is just not good business. I am looking forward to this year. I feel bad for people like my brother who put together a street stock, that was really a pure stock to run with the street stocks. The street stocks are now pro-stocks. Then they say that the street stocks over at Dundee can run at CMP. Sunny, you have seen those so called street stocks. They pull the left front way up in the air coming off the corner. I helped the 32C for a series race at Dundee and when I herd the class that was on the track take the green it sounded like Mods. I walked to the fence and saw that they were street stocks. What are the motor Rules at Dundee for those cars??? The class just is not a starter class any more. It is WAAAYYYY to expensive! I could go on and on how street stocks are in no way shape or form anything close to stocks. The class is a complete mess. Oh yea, what does first place pay???? NOTHING! No one wants to get into that screwed up mess.

dblaney9393

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 10:59:33 PM »
The street stocks at outlaw pay $500 to win $80 to start. The left front coming off the ground it don't by different height rear springs. Complete stock location rear 4 link it not as fancy as people think