Author Topic: Tim-Packman named Memphis International Raceway president  (Read 570 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
Tim-Packman named Memphis International Raceway president
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:32:07 PM »
http://www.racemir.com/news/press-releases/item/840-tim-packman-named-memphis-international-raceway-president?fbclid=IwAR2suwDaDBFg719hImXyQjNstOmq1Fa9E9xCHi9GYDp8H85UCiw7MvBCgLo

Memphis International Raceway (MIR) and parent company IRG Sports + Entertainment, announce motorsports industry veteran Tim Packman as the sports venues’ new president.

Packman brings nearly 20 years of facility management, event marketing and communications experience to the raceway.

“I am humbled and honored to lead Memphis International Raceway into its next phases of growth,” Packman said. “This venue was one of my favorites when I worked in NASCAR and traveled the circuit.

“My first goals are getting to know my colleagues, our track partners and racers; then becoming involved with the Memphis and Shelby County community.

“MIR has a strong IHRA Drag Racing program and we look forward to making it even better. Another goal of ours is to increase the utilization of the oval track and road course circuit.”

He will lead the day-to-day operations of the 342-acre, multi-use facility located in the Mid-South, which includes a combined quarter and eighth-mile dragstrip, 1.8-mile road course and three-quarter mile, high-banked paved oval.

Packman comes from an award-winning motorsports background, most recently serving as President of Lancaster (NY) National Speedway & Dragway. During his tenure, the IHRA sanctioned eighth-mile dragstrip and half-mile oval had increased attendance, car counts, added successful events and made multiple improvements to the facility.

The U.S. Navy veteran, who attended Buffalo State College (SUNY) for communications, was named the 2016 and 2017 Short Track Promoter of the Year.

Prior to his time at Lancaster, Packman was a writer, author, radio reporter and communications executive in NASCAR. His last position in the sport was director, corporate communications at Richard Childress Racing.

In addition to MIR, IRG Sports + Entertainment (IRGSE) owns the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA), Bertil Roos Racing School, Cordova (Ill.) International Raceway, Maryland International Raceway and Palm Beach (Fla.) International Raceway.

“Tim brings valuable sports management experience and enthusiasm to our company. He will be a great leader of our Memphis team,” said Lou Partenza, IRGSE President and CEO.

“He joins our passionate leadership team that is committed to the continued growth and development of Memphis International Raceway.”

# # #

About Memphis International Raceway:

Memphis International Raceway (MIR) is the Mid-South’s premier racing destination for racers and spectators alike. It is located minutes outside of Memphis in Millington, Tenn., and includes a 1/4-mile drag strip sanctioned by the International Hot Rod Association, a 1.8-mile road course and a NASCAR 3/4-mile paved tri-oval.

Prestigious events such as the original Super Chevy Show, NASCAR races and the IHRA Summit SuperSeries World Finals take place at the facility. For more information on MIR, visit raceMIR.com or connect on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @RaceMIR.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."