Author Topic: Fulton Speedway Tonight!!!!  (Read 16808 times)

orange16

• View Profile
Re: Fulton Speedway Tonight!!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 10:32:31 AM »
Just wondering - when did they run the IMCA and Mod Lite features on Saturday?  Before or after the 200?

Dakota2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 10:35:11 AM »
Any results for the IMCA s?

Casper60

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • Asylum Motorsports Group
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »
(IMCA MODIFIEDS NYS CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES 25 LAPS) -KEVAN COOK, Matt Roberts, Ryan Scott, Ed Sites, Jerry Lobdell, Glenn Erwin, Jason Amidon, K.C Cole, Dan Searles, Don Alvord, Brandon Carvey, Chris Fleming, Gary Roberts, Rich Keller, Lee Smeidy, John West, Matt Cole.
Daryl Barrett

www.c60r.com

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 02:10:10 PM »
wow, only approx. half of the cars returned for the big show. thanks for the finish rundown,  it seemed to be hard to get.
You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

PEEWEE

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 05:14:28 PM »
ED BILLINGS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 05:42:01 PM »
i feel for ed honestly. he is at the hosting tracks mercy, good show or bad. again this is what happens with late season race events. every race that is postponed has a later date and the chances of better weather get slimmer with each passing day.  :(
You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

Casper60

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »
It was up on the Fulton website shortly after the race was run. It was an unfortunate situation, but there were several factors involved in that decision. The track was behind the 8 ball from the get go and did the best it could with the cards that were dealt to them.
Daryl Barrett

www.c60r.com

Terry

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 06:15:35 PM »
Just speculation but if they would let all 33 start like they said they were instead of making a last minute change and running the consi they might have had a full field but wth they got their money and I feel no sorrow for anyone but the racers that got srewed!
Sonny Terry

PEEWEE

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 06:19:09 PM »
THAT'S BS THEY COULD HAVE CANCELLED EARLY SO THE TEAMS COULD HAVE GOTTEN HOME BEFORE 7;30 IN THE MORNING!THEY JUST SCREWED A DRIVER 2ND IN SERIES POINTS FROM A NEW IMCA TRACK AND COULDN'T EVEN TELL WHAT TIME THE FEATURE WOULD BE RUN SO THEY COULD TRY TO GET BACK.ALL THE EXCUSES IN THE WORLD WILL NOT JUSTIFY THE SH!! THEY PULLED.

familyracin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 11:15:51 PM »
after driving for about 2 hours to get there, it was not until 3am when we were told IMCA's would not run until saturday. They said they would fit it in their regular schedule. Racing to begin at 4:30. So getting home at 5am, we turn around and travel back again at 3 to get a phone call on our way up saying they already raced, wth??? That was absolutely crazy, I specifically said to the lady when we paid to get in, that I  didnt need a 2 day pass unless they werent going to race. So i got screwed paying full price for both days and didnt even get to see the IMCA race which I went there for to begin with.

Casper60

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 11:27:50 PM »
Not entirely sure who may have told you 4:30, but the schedule all along stated the program started at 3pm. The adjusted schedule actually started at 3:30 and was never posted until noon on Saturday after they determined the new order of events. The IMCA Feature started right around 4pm if not a little after.
Daryl Barrett

www.c60r.com

ask0329

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 08:00:50 AM »
The weekend from my persepective as an employee and fan. It was a rough night on friday. The fan in me thought it was totaly awesome racing through the night like that. The driver in me (although I was not racing) would of been excited but tired, the employee in me, I was exhausted as I had already worked 8 hours during the day, was freezing cold, wanted to see racing but wanted to go home.

The packers where pulled back off as the infield generator would not fire to run the track lights. The packers could not see while they where on the track.

The conci issues. The pit steward was never informed of an imca conci so he assumed that everyoe qualified and announced it as such. I know imca rules are different but in all reality, its a big track, they all should of started. (42 big blocks started saturday) I never heard anything over the radio about the conci being cut short so it was a suprise to me that they ended it on lap 4. I do not agree with that decision as guys where battling to get in the show.

As for Satudays imca feature. When your told your part of the regular show, that starts with heats at 430, in my opinion I would think your feature would be either at 430 or somewhere there after. I would never of dreamed that 4 pm, after hot laps, prior to the start of the show is when it would of been ran. They had very little turn around time after running hot laps to get ready for a feature and get in line. 

As for the whole readmission thing, my opinion is pretty black and white on this one. If you paid to get in once, and your feature did not run, you should not under any circumstances have to pay again. I would say that goes for your crew members as well. Cut and dry. Granted it was late but there should of been a contingency in place if features got postphoned.

cardiackid

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »
They still have yet to formally announce their plans for the 4 cylinders for Thursday. Just checked their site.... Not even on the official card. Hell of a way to do business! They made $110 of me alone and there were 29 other cars I'm sure in a similar boat with work and such. I hope other cars follow suit like many IMCAS did and should've and tell em to stick it . Thank God for southern tier short track racing.

Casper60

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 12:24:43 PM »
Wow, it's monday. The person who does the website has a day job. Relax. Did they tell you you were added? Then show up Thursday when the gates open. There is a phone nuber posted. Call Cory and ask. Whining about it here is not going to help you in the least.
Daryl Barrett

www.c60r.com

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 12:52:11 PM »
Cardiac, You paid your money, you want to race too????   :o
Kareem of Wheet