Author Topic: Track at Hillside no more back to Holland Speedway  (Read 2058 times)

Tigerpaw333

• Champion
    • View Profile
Track at Hillside no more back to Holland Speedway
« on: May 10, 2019, 01:20:13 PM »
The speedway is located on property that also includes the paintball park.

Bennett Sr. declined to discuss specifics of the case. Hutchinson's attorney, David Kloss, said the court proceeding was a "matter of formalization" of the arrangement for Hutchinson to no longer be part of track management.

"Daniel has another business and Daniel is concentrating now on his core business outside of racing," Kloss said. "Ron and Daniel remain good friends."

Hutchinson has not replied to messages in the last month seeking information on his plans for the track.

What lies ahead for racing at Holland?

"I know that there's going to be a rush of people who are going to be asking if the speedway is going to open in two weeks," Bennett said. "That's not going to happen. What were looking at is the condition of the property. We have to repair and reset the property. It is not in good shape. ...

"The only thing that we would probably do is review the schedule and probably host the 12th year of running Crash-A-Rama. But right now we're not going to try to commit to anything as we try to put this place back together.

"I'm not going to try to walk back into it and race without any sponsorships, promotions or anything. These things are usually done in the offseason. Remember that the track last year was run by someone else and now it's been returned to me."

Last season, the speedway suffered its worst season with the smallest race fields and grandstand attendance in the track's long history. Many races were run with less than 100 patrons in the grandstand and 50 cars or less in the pits.

Hutchinson released a tentative 2019 schedule last fall but has provided no additional details since. Drivers' meetings have not been held in preparation for the season.

Bennett began to pursue alternative options in recent weeks, ultimately filing with the court April 19.

Holland's name change is the second for a local asphalt racing track in less than a week. Last week, the new owners of what was Lancaster National Speedway changed that track's name to New York International Raceway Park.
Dirt: Ransomville Speedway, Genesse Speedway Limerock
Asphalt: Lancaster  Hillside

80racing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Track at Hillside no more back to Holland Speedway
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 01:24:35 PM »
Thank God Daniel is out

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 10:06:06 AM »
WCIS will be the only weekly track this year. who would have thunk that

Fran

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 02:14:00 PM »
I understand Daniel hated to be called DAN, THANK GOODNESS FOR THE RACERS, DAN IS G O N E😃😃 And TAKE DANIEL WITH HIM!!