Author Topic: Amendment banning employers from asking for social media passwords blocked.  (Read 2286 times)

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
I simply cannot believe how life in the US has changed, and not necessarily for the better. Yes, I realize that people post some really stupid stuff on social media websites, but for an employer to DEMAND your passwords as a condition of hiring?

Not until they give me THEIRS!!

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
That amendment is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.  IF CISPA passes, in any form, we can all kiss any privacy we had left good bye.
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

ask0329

I would assume this is not limited to facebook and twitter. I would assume this could mean if your employer wants your raceny, dirt track digest or 4m.net password they can ask for that too. I cant imagine its just limited to FB and TW.

If CISPA passes we are all in for some big trouble. Anything we do online is literaly owned by private security companies. The govt and the private security has access to your email be it yahoo, gmail or hotmail anytime they want it. Its pretty wild when you read into it. The sad thing is most americant dont know what it is, what it entails. Soccor mom suburbanite Sally, just buries her head in the sand cause they believe it will make her and her kids safer. and unfortunately those folks outnumber the rest of us.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
What's with the "filter", or whatever it is, on this site???

In my previous post, I used a word that begins with the letter "S", that means someone who isn't too intelligent...nothing vulgar, or anything like that, yet my post shows up with a bunch of asterisks in it.  What gives??

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
What's with the "filter", or whatever it is, on this site???

In my previous post, I used a word that begins with the letter "S", that means someone who isn't too intelligent...nothing vulgar, or anything like that, yet my post shows up with a bunch of asterisks in it.  What gives??

Stewpid and id!ot are both on the banned list.  I'm glad to see that "drunk" was removed from the list though.
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
It seems like the Dictator in Chief has bypassed congress once again and basically implemented the bulk of CISPA by executive order.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/04/report-obama-officials-authorized-new-cybersecurity-warrantless-surveillance

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
Well, every now and then, some good news comes out of congress.  It appears as though CISPA is DOA in the Senate.  Of course that doesn't mean they won't try again down the road.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/04/25/cispa-doa-in-the-senate-for-now

There's also another bill that has been introduced that will enhance email privacy.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/04/26/triumph-of-privacy-over-police-prying