Author Topic: its must be that time of year again......  (Read 5486 times)

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
its must be that time of year again......
« on: December 09, 2014, 06:41:21 AM »
yep, tis the season. the silly season of selective posting has now begun again if it really ever ended. how in the heck is a post asking "who makes troyer bumpers" get locked down and moved when a post asking "who fixes scales" remains? could there be selective enforcement or poster favoritism causing such actions?
not picking on anyone in particular here just trying to figure out the system and how it works again. maybe it just slipped through the cracks and remained unnoticed. maybe its nothing, no that can't be right or it wouldn't have happened in the first place.
i love a good snow job, let it fall.  :)
You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
Re: its must be that time of year again......
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 07:25:26 AM »
Some get reported, others do not--it's just that simple OR when there's something that's not where it should be, it gets moved.  The "Troyer bumper post" has not been locked--merely moved.  The "locked" icon appears when the link redirect is created.  It is plain to see.  Simple mouse clicks solve that problem.  Thus, there is no agenda (other than to help keep things orderly)...here is yet another conspiracy theorist who's looking to start trouble. Chief, if YOU see a problem, just report it.  Don't get all worked up enough to post minor issues and make something up that really doesn't exist!  Posts should be put in the proper place(s).  It is impossible to police them all. Thanks for pointing out the egregious error regarding the scales.  It has been taken care of...I strongly encourage anyone to express their displeasure to admin!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:05:09 AM by raceannouncer »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 02:00:16 PM »
If someone reports something, you can tell them to go get a life can't ya, if warranted?
Kareem of Wheet

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:14:57 PM »
If someone reports something, you can tell them to go get a life can't ya, if warranted?

C'mon, Gomer--you've been around here long enough to know what I decide on things is subject to criticism and ridicule...
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

mcd23

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 03:29:28 PM »
Nobody asked but...
IMO the original post in question was asking a question which, to me, is not a classified ad but the beginning of a discussion on who has the parts.  The obvious answer is Troyer's but maybe the individual wanted to know who has them in a certain area.  Just sayin.

itchypav

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 04:20:33 PM »
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:28:15 PM by itchypav »

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 04:41:46 PM »
Nobody asked but...
IMO the original post in question was asking a question which, to me, is not a classified ad but the beginning of a discussion on who has the parts.  The obvious answer is Troyer's but maybe the individual wanted to know who has them in a certain area.  Just sayin.

Point taken...but the content suggests a "parts wanted" description, which indeed belongs in classifieds...the tech area could also be applicable.

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 06:28:13 PM »
Same crap, just another day.
They REALLY hate the truth :)

SKIP_6

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 07:03:47 PM »
I agree 8)
DO THE BEST YOU CAN.

SKIP STARKEY

80racing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 09:22:21 PM »
Group hug?  :o