Author Topic: What was NASCAR thinking??  (Read 2766 times)

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
What was NASCAR thinking??
« on: February 15, 2021, 06:03:11 PM »
OR, weren't they thinking at all?

One of the biggest races of the year, the Daytona 500 was scheduled to be telecast this past Sunday, beginning at 2:30 PM, EST. As usual, while the broadcast indeed began at 2:30, the usual pre-race "stuff" took about 30 minutes to be tended to, so the race, threatening weather notwithstanding, didn't start until around 3 PM.

15 laps in, a "medium one" occurred, which created a red flag condition, which then dragged on for 6 hours, as the skies did open up. Now, with respect to the idea of getting the race in, on "race day", yeah I understand that.....sort of. Fans like me, checked in, from time to time, and as the day dragged on, I seriously doubted the race would be run. The last check I made, at 7 PM, they were still showing a re-run of the Busch Clash. Sure looked like the remainder of the race (450 miles) would be postponed until Monday.

Imagine my surprise, as I was returning home from an early dental appointment on Monday morning, and a DJ on the radio was talking about the results of the race............

Welshans32

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: What was NASCAR thinking??
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 10:30:42 AM »
Don't worry, it was just 3 more hours talking about Bubba Wallace.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 01:50:55 PM »
Who?

owego26

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 05:51:26 PM »
It is now time for him to ####  or get off the pot.   With all that NBA BIG BUCKS, he should have THE BEST OF THE BEST, when it comes to equipment, now if he is as good as he is supposes to be, he should start winning  or maybe put mikie mcdowell  #34 in the car. Lol .

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 11:52:00 AM »
If Bubba continues to be nothing more than a "middle of the pack" racer, it will be interesting to see what the team's owners will do.....replace him and/or fold up the team.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 11:26:45 PM »
NASCAR only does what it does because TV coverage (soon to be mostly or completely streamed) is KING.  I repeat, broadcast coverage is KING!!!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 09:22:46 AM »
I was in the same situation and missed the rest of the race.