Author Topic: LOOKING FOR INFO ON BOOK BY GARY SPAID AND HANK SCHRAMM  (Read 1816 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
LOOKING FOR INFO ON BOOK BY GARY SPAID AND HANK SCHRAMM
« on: July 30, 2020, 07:10:55 PM »
I have been reading the new book by Lew Boyd called "THE SOUL OF A MODIFIED'' about Lenny Boehler,s Ole Blue and they mention a reference to a book called CAR COMING -An auto racing history of New York State by Gary and Hank.I found a copy on Amazon for a whopping $85.00 for 176 pages.I am just wondering if anyone might have a copy for sale or trade etc.I also read that some Library in Rochester and Syracuse have a copy but they are closed due to COVID 19.Thank you all in advance.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON BOOK BY GARY SPAID AND HANK SCHRAMM
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 07:47:29 AM »
"BOZO", do you happen to live within Monroe County? While many of the libraries are closed, as you mentioned, they DO offer "drive up service". You can call ahead, and they'll get the book for you. Also, if a book is within the Monroe County Library System, it can be transferred between libraries within the county, under "normal" circumstances, but I'm not if they're doing that presently.

Good luck with your quest.    I, too, ordered a copy of Lew Boyd's book, and received it a few days ago. So far, I've only skimmed through a couple of chapters, but it looks interesting, and has some good pictures.

rg23

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 09:01:52 AM »
I did some online searching, and it appears that The Buffalo History Museum has a copy of this book in its research library.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 09:01:07 PM »
Thank you both for your response to my question I live in Fulton but maybe i can talk Santa into dropping the $85.00 and get a copy from Amazon or E-Bay.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 06:59:36 AM »
I ordered the book from Amazon and will let you know how it is when it arrives in about a week.

justmark

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • WNYRaceZone - Western New York Racing News
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 09:14:42 AM »
It was printed in 1990. It's an interesting book with photos and various stats at the back.
Captain History
FOAR SCORE Club Historian

"Life's too short, man"

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle: Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 07:55:34 PM »
I got the book in the mail today and all i can say is WOW!!The book perfectly nails auto racing history in New York state.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 07:52:36 AM »
I finished the book on Lenny Boehler and Ole Blue and it was an awesome book and a must read for any die hard modified fan.