Author Topic: 602 Crate Beginner Modified Division @ Spencer Speedway  (Read 2697 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
602 Crate Beginner Modified Division @ Spencer Speedway
« on: December 03, 2020, 07:10:58 AM »
I have to say thank you to Tommy Catalano for this new endeavor and i hope it turns out to be a success for both him,the racers,fans and the future of Spencer Speedway.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: 602 Crate Beginner Modified Division @ Spencer Speedway
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 07:31:50 AM »
"BOZO", could you elaborate a little bit on this? Some of us, myself included, may not be aware of what endeavor of Tommy's that you're speaking of......

DPackman_PR

• Champion
  • Full time supporter of EVERY racetrack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 01:33:31 PM »
"BOZO", could you elaborate a little bit on this? Some of us, myself included, may not be aware of what endeavor of Tommy's that you're speaking of......

Here is the story:
https://www.rocmodifiedseries.com/news/?i=88895&fbclid=IwAR1drl3aQ4UvzCdzJ1mvzA_2s1nmdXCvhiw96q7aHH5jwfnEF-8p58z5GUc

And here is the rule set for the new 602 crate class:
https://www.rocmodifiedseries.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=611623

And even a price sheet from Rocket Performance for a 602:
https://www.rocmodifiedseries.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=611624

Here's a section of the article that describes the when and where:
"The division is intended to only race at Spencer Speedway in Williamson, N.Y., and in a special event as part of Race of Champions Weekend at Lake Erie Speedway in September. When details become available on Spencer Speedway for the 2021 season, the schedule will then be released."

There is still a wealth of young talent coming out of the Sodus Microd Club hub that may not see the 4 Cylinder/6 Cylinder/Super Stock divisions as the next step and want a different stepping stone to eventually get into the premier weekly division of B-Mod/SST/Sportsman Modifieds.  Also, some of the more veteran competitors in the weekly mods that may have an old chassis and kids coming out of go-karts/microds may now find a way to dust off that old chassis all while getting their kid some seat time in V8 open wheel division.

Should be interesting to see how it all works out.
Dakota J. Packman

Check out the all new OFFICIAL Wyoming County International Speedway Facebook page
at www.Facebook.com/TheOfficialWCIS !

And our new Official website at www.TheBullringWCIS.com !

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 04:40:04 PM »
That's good information, and something to look forward to. HOWEVER, it raises the question, 'will Spencer Speedway be available for racing next year'? As we all know, the track's ownership has been, shall we say, "fluid" over the last 2-3 years, and as we also know, the so-called "neighbors" have been trying to get the facility shut down for decades. And as if that's not enough, keep in mind the illustrious Governor's apparent disdain for motorsports.

Believe me, I'm not trying to be a "wise guy", just thinking in a logical manner....

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 07:18:41 AM »
All good points Leadfoot but we can hope and support the track if things go the right way.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 07:43:45 AM »
All good points Leadfoot but we can hope and support the track if things go the right way.   

Absolutely!!