Author Topic: Where are They Now  (Read 269221 times)

dennis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Where are They Now
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 11:28:22 PM »
How about Lyle Williams Doug Depew Vince Randesie Ronnie Shepard boy i
remember it like it was yesterday. anyone got any pics of the old street stock
late model class from the late 70s and early 80s. Man i miss that place.

racefan61

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2010, 12:16:25 AM »
Well theres a few names remembered Doug Depew # 22 either street stock or LM i believe he still lives in the area # 75 gold colored if i remember right Vince Randesie street stock and Ron Shepard i do believe he was # 2 white car red number not sure what became of Ron or Vince.. I think i have a pic of Doug at ole SL with checkered flag driving a blue chevel ( i know its spelled wrong )

Alcoholn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2010, 04:29:10 AM »
Vince is around and doing just fine. It was a gold/white/black #57 Coors original he use to race. Im positive he would still give em hell at any track on a saturday night

justmark

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • WNYRaceZone - Western New York Racing News
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2010, 05:20:09 AM »
Ron Shephard lives in NC.
Captain History
FOAR SCORE Club Historian

"Life's too short, man"

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle: Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson

68mustangfb

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2010, 12:43:44 PM »
justmark, YOU ARE CORRECT.  He works for Roush Racing Fab shop. I talked to him a while ago ago. The day I called him he was woirking on a car in the shop that they were getting ready for the #16 Greg B. team. He marrined Fred Quails daughter Kathy. 
Mods,  Pa. possie; 410 sprint
RACING !

ask0329

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 02:18:40 PM »
Heres a few from the dirt. Any info?

Leroy Hurlbut - drove the green 00 dirt mod
Glen Derby - drove the OV1 street stock and late model

Larry756

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 04:17:57 PM »
Doug Depew will and lives in Chemung ;D :o

Herb Green is doing ok and lives in Elmira in the Spring, Summer, and Fall
he hibernates to Florida in the Winter. Also he sends some of the at one of
the Finger Lakes. >:( ;D

Both great racers.
Larry C McCormick

In Loving Memory of my son
Matthew C McCormick
(Big Country)
01/16/73 - 12/30/2002

rach70

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 05:06:12 PM »
How about Mark Fluery?

Rambo

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 05:30:58 PM »
I read the biography, "Richie! The Richie Evans Story" by Bones Bourcier and it stated in the book that Doug Hewitt was at Martinsville when Richie had his fatal crash in practice and Doug had his modified loaded onto the trailer and never raced again.

Goodfellow

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2010, 11:52:45 AM »
We moved away from the southern tier a few years ago but a year or so before moving we hit Tioga on a regular basis.  Loved watching Tin Conley run... I know he ran the tour for 2-3 years then he disappeared. Steve Zacharias is someone else who was emerging as a decent driver.  Last I heard he headed south for the big time.  Heard he landed a job at Petty Enterprise and I believe I saw him run a mod on TV once but that was it.

I grew upon LI and went to Islip speedway 8-10 times a season.  I'm sure these guys have passed but it sure was fun watching the X3 of  Jimmy Hendrickson, The X89 of the Flying Dutchman Freddy Harbach, the 3 of Mousy Kempster, and later the 1 of Charlie Jazarbach go wheel to wheel.  I remember when Richard Petty and the Allison brothers came to Islip for a race..... the locals had their hands full.

68mustangfb

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2010, 01:40:22 PM »
As far as being the next big thing, they had Buddy Baker working with him when he was trying to make it in racing down there and Buddy thought he was a the real deal as well. BUT like anything ONE needs the $$$$ to make it and I think he fell a little short !
Maybe the fact that he's a flaming jackazz behind the wheel had something to do with it?  Buddy must be going senile.  BTW, someone should tell him that when people started calling him "Loose Weapon", it wasn't meant as a compliment.  Apparently that went over his head since he put that on his own t-shirts.
Some loved him some hated him.  I remember him getting boo'd like Dale Sr. or Jeff Gordon when he climbed out of the car in Victory lane.   He did win a lot of races though.
He's still driving on the nascar southern mod tour and hasn't smartened up any over the years.  He got a ride in the Hillbilly Racing backup car (a fitting teammate for Civali) at Loudon a couple weeks ago and was parked after he intentionally wrecked another car under caution.  The azzhat should have moved to Connecticut.  He'd fit right in with the rest of the sk 'tards there.

Oh ya, he's also dating Kelly Earnhardt (man is she ever slummin' these days!)
its actually LETHAL weapon
Either way, he's definitely a weapon!

"pounder", someone started a great thread here. Its really neat to find out or know where alot of the greats are or ended up at. As well as learning about some old timers and where they raced way back when !! YOU have done NOTHING to keep it POSITIVE. For someone who thinks he is such an AUTHORITY  and knows SO MUCH about racing or for that matter (by reading alot of your post) ABOUT EVERYTHING IN LIFE  you should be real proud of yourself !! A REAL CLASS ACT ! The day I met you and your GF and chatted at the races you sure didn't seem to come across as a person who is like that ! Theres an old saying if you don't have anything nice to say about someone then DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL ! You have managed to bash L.W. , Buddy Baker, Hillbilly racing, Civali,  Kelly Earnhardt & the Connecticut "sk 'tards"  (who ever they are) ALL in this thread !! Seems funny I have been around racing for the better part of 45 years as a FAN  and sometimes helping a few different friends on there cars at several different tracks and have recieved three different racing papers at different times throughout the years (sometimes all three at once, and still have alot of them stored away) and I just can't believe I have NEVER READ YOU NAME IN PRINT ! Maybe you could enlighten us to your vast endevers in racing, as in YOUR number of races you have RUN / DROVE IN, DNQ's, DNF's Different tracks you have raced at, How many RACES YOU HAVE WON, How many Championships you have the hardware to show for, How many Race cars / drivers you crew-chiefed to wins, How many race cars you have owned, (and not some old mod frame that is laying around that might see the track / or some car show SOMEDAY !) Alot of the ones you slam on here are winners or have have had some sucsess in racing and that's GREAT and HAVE HAD THERE NAME IN PRINT, I wonder if any of them know who "pounder" is ?? BET NOT !! I see on alot of your post you have WWRD ? like he was some kind of a friend of yours I'm sure if he was alive you would NOT see him on here running people into the ground like YOU DO ! At least when ever I was within ears reach of him I never heard him say a bad word about ANYONE !! Theres always the  option when you see a post that there may be someone you don't care for just skip over it as it would be much better doing so rather the turning it into something NEGITIVE ! Enough said.... JMO  MR
Mods,  Pa. possie; 410 sprint
RACING !

roman61

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2010, 05:40:57 PM »
How "bout #96 Ike (the big indian) Edminister??  #2 was Big Bad Bob Frisbee. And black and yellow # B13 Pat Judson.
Chemung was fun back then!!
#88 Larry Catlin,,09 Flyin Bryan Osgood
And George Stedge in the 4 bangers
Richie Evans,, 9 time Nascar Modified Champion(including 8 in a row), only Nascar driver to have his number retired, and now 2012 Nascar Hall of Fame inductee!!!!!!!!!

racefan61

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »
    Down at ole shangri-la i wish i could remember the year ?? This happen in the Mods the body style wasnt like they r today .. But coming out of turn 3 the car broke loose and hit the white poll ( just like a telephone poll but cut in half ) in turn 4 at the start of the wall . I remember the car going about 5 -7 feet in the air and coming back down onto the track .... I may have the driver wrong but was that Wayne Edwards ??? The car was white and blue #20

112SMW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2010, 11:30:40 PM »
You are right about the #20 of Wayne Edwards crashing in turn 4 at SH-LA.About Randy Hedger,it was 1978 when he took the flyer at Oswego.He jumped the wheel of Wes Moody in the #93 as they were just coming on the front stretch.Randy's back was a bit soar for quiet awhile.

racefan61

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2010, 11:59:41 PM »
TY 112smw ... now was the body styles the pinto's back then ...  now i know where he got the name for the car number 48 THE STUMP JUMPER SPECIAL or is that totally diffrent story