Author Topic: I need some help  (Read 9214 times)

windyman56

• View Profile
I need some help
« on: August 29, 2013, 03:33:03 PM »
I'm an aspiring racer, and I've been wanting to race karts, TQ midgets, or whatever, for awhile. I've been trying to save up my money for racing equipment, but the issue is that it's not the initial cost, it's everything else that adds up. Tires, traveling, fuel, etc. That being said, it's very difficult for me to race, since Bliss, the track I'd like to run at, is an hour from my house. I've considered running stock cars or midgets at Elegant Builders Speedway, but I'd need a trailer and a more expensive car for all of that. So, what's your advice here? Should I try to save for racing at Elegant Builders, or should I give dirt racing a try, and run dirt karts at Ransomville?

JPM31

• View Profile
    • JPM Karting
Re: I need some help
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 03:58:41 PM »
If you cant afford to drive an hour to race a kart, you will never be able to afford a bigger car
2004 Speed Palace - Chevrolet - Mahoning Valley

v8stockcarnorth

• View Profile
    • V8 Stock Car North
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 06:27:27 PM »
There is a little not well known Kart track in Elma NY on Bullis rd. Its a grate place to start Kart racing.
They started a league that races clones on Thursday nights.

Look here

http://mxk.com/

Or on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MXK-Hotshot-Raceway/455330667886540
Chris Gill
Zoo Crew Racing

windyman56

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 08:00:02 PM »
There is a little not well known Kart track in Elma NY on Bullis rd. Its a grate place to start Kart racing.
They started a league that races clones on Thursday nights.

Look here

http://mxk.com/

Or on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MXK-Hotshot-Raceway/455330667886540

Wow, thanks for that link! I've been to a party at my friend's house out in Elma, and it was about a 30 minute drive, which is actually rather manageable. While on my way down to her house, though, I did notice a karting shop or something, but didn't really remember what it was or what it's name was. Mind you, this all was about a year ago. Either way, thanks a ton, and I'll have to make sure to see if I can race it! Do you race there as well?

mopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
MXK doesnt have any races there....stick to Bliss....get a LO206 and some Vega tires and come racing!

v8stockcarnorth

• View Profile
    • V8 Stock Car North
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:45:24 PM »
Sorry mopdog, MXK does have races there.
Chris Gill
Zoo Crew Racing

mopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 04:11:44 PM »
Does he do oval races there? I talked to him every year and he tells me he only does schools and track days if a group of people want to race.

windyman56

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »
MXK doesnt have any races there....stick to Bliss....get a LO206 and some Vega tires and come racing!

I have a really good friend who races at Bliss. Got a chance to test his kart there, too. Chances are, you were probably there, too! Was one of the early June races, I think.

v8stockcarnorth

• View Profile
    • V8 Stock Car North
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 06:21:55 PM »
mopdog,

He has been doing some oval and some road course. They are doing a 200 lap clone race  on the big oval October 5th I think.
He started the clone races this year has had some good turn outs.

Ya its the 5th https://www.facebook.com/pages/MXK-Hotshot-Raceway/455330667886540?directed_target_id=0
Chris Gill
Zoo Crew Racing

mopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »
Im there every week so im sure I was
Im gonna have to look into running there.....last I knew he said he didnt have time, I dont own any clones but i'll get one if I have to...thanks
Does he let you run oval karts or just sprint karts on the oval?

windyman56

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 09:03:08 PM »
Im gonna have to look into running there.....last I knew he said he didnt have time, I dont own any clones but i'll get one if I have to...thanks

So, how much do clones run? And Pete Zehler is my friend's name. He drives the orange 00 kart, along with his buddy, "Special."

v8stockcarnorth

• View Profile
    • V8 Stock Car North
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 04:29:01 PM »
These questions are starting to go over my head. I e-mail Pete from MXK and he is joining RaceNY so hopefully he can answer some questions.

Chris Gill
Zoo Crew Racing

windyman56

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 09:28:38 AM »
These questions are starting to go over my head. I e-mail Pete from MXK and he is joining RaceNY so hopefully he can answer some questions.

If I'm gonna race there, I just gotta know how much money I'll need to sink into this.

JPM31

• View Profile
    • JPM Karting
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »

So, how much do clones run? And Pete Zehler is my friend's name. He drives the orange 00 kart, along with his buddy, "Special."

It will depend on the rules...if its BSP rules, a new clone will run you 700-900 bucks. You can find used ones for 350-500.

To get started in karting, you can expect to pay at a MINIMUM $1500-$2,000 to get everything you need to get going.
2004 Speed Palace - Chevrolet - Mahoning Valley

Dfracing

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »
you might check out gvkc in avon
we have road corse and a great 1/8th oval
check it out on www.gvkc.org
we run clone motors on oval