Author Topic: electrical!!!!  (Read 3112 times)

15latemodel

• Rookie
  • 2012 factory stock champion
    • View Profile
electrical!!!!
« on: August 17, 2014, 11:35:53 AM »
Had an issue last week.. Main ignition fuse blew.... Put in smaller fuse to get back and worked..... Started motor a little bit ago and it ran fine..... Shut it off... Went to start it and the fuse keeps blowing..... Any help????  Or what would be best way to locate problem???..... Thanks for any info!!!!

2cars2much

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: electrical!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »
What are you controlling off the main fuse?

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 02:10:01 PM »
follow the system feed wire(the small one that hooks on the starter cable post) and look for bare or pinched wires until you get to the fuse. usually if the short is before the fuse there is a fusible link that burns in two. it sounds like your problem is on the backside of the main fuse though. i have seen the hot wire in the trailer plug short out and cause problems before. i don't recommend it but the only way i found it was put a paperclip in the fuse block and watch for smoke. with these new vehicles anything is possible it seems.
a wiring schematic for your particular vehicle would help you find the things that are powered from this fuse and narrow down your search a whole lot.
You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

15latemodel

• Rookie
  • 2012 factory stock champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 05:03:59 PM »
Found prob. Wire chaffed through the loom.... On the intake.. Thanks for the info!!!