Author Topic: Metric replacemant chassis (again)  (Read 2573 times)

cmac

• View Profile
Metric replacemant chassis (again)
« on: December 19, 2009, 11:03:07 AM »
I didn't get to share my opinion an the last post about the fabricated metric chassis.   

I think as long as the chassis are built to factory guide lines and points they should not be any faster than a stock OEM metric chassis, so the added performance value does not apply.  I think it just a matter of simplicity who wants to go t a junk yard/pick apart and try to get one of these stock chassis or a front clip for that matter. If you don't kill yourself trying to get it. The yard is still going to charge enough to make you wonder if it is even worth while.  As for the guys that still like to build they're own cage and do all they're own work it really only works out minimal difference in the final cost of the build.   As for cost right now and in the future.  It might be a little more expensive now for a fabricated metric chassis,  but if we all as a nation start to welcome the idea now and get these cars on the track, 5 years from now they will start to become less expensive as used stuff becomes more available.. 
I speak from experience the racers will have to make the decision, promoters and tracks will always push it back on the competitor.   Waiting to make the big change will only delay the inevitable we should make this happen sooner than later, It will be better for the racer!!