Author Topic: 15 year old female driver dies at Bubba Raceway  (Read 4295 times)

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: 15 year old female driver dies at Bubba Raceway
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 05:56:10 PM »
Very, very sad......Looks like she hit that wall a TON.

deacon3j

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:26:08 AM »
It definitely looked like an almost 'square' hit! What's even worse, if you go to the track website and look at the rules, the use of a head and neck restraint is recommended but, not required! I think we can all kind of guess what kind of injuries the young lady sustained. I hope everyone can and will learn from this very tragic accident.
Deacon

chit pants

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 08:51:06 AM »
It definitely looked like an almost 'square' hit! What's even worse, if you go to the track website and look at the rules, the use of a head and neck restraint is recommended but, not required! I think we can all kind of guess what kind of injuries the young lady sustained. I hope everyone can and will learn from this very tragic accident.

She was wearing a HANS. Some places are just too big and fast for that type of car and I've been saying that for years.

jdd00

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 10:33:20 AM »
Heard an interview with the father.  He stated that she was wearing no head & neck restraint of any kind.

thelegend30

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • DelGrosso Brothers Racing
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 12:45:51 PM »
Helmet adds a bunch of weight to the head. I've taken some hard hits, even the neck collar that is mandated at most tracks helps. I went to Paradise once, and one of the cool things they did there was the person in charge of lineup had all the drivers hold up their hands to show they were wearing gloves, and walked down the row to make sure everybody had their neck brace on.
Driver #11 FWD for DelGrosso Brothers Racing
2014 & 2015 Woodhull Raceway FWD Track Champion
2018 The Hill Speedway FWD Track Champion