Author Topic: A look in the mirror for our RaceNY community...  (Read 1169 times)

Winston

• View Profile
A look in the mirror for our RaceNY community...
« on: September 23, 2013, 12:08:21 PM »
Based off a conversation among friends this weekend at the racetrack, here is an excerpt from my post from the "another day" thread started by Hoosier Daddy. not a knock on any one person, but just my take in general on an issue that frustrates me to no end: People are wondering why the sport is in decline, and struggling to get fans, cars. We just had this discussion at Loudon this weekend (yes, I was there too), and your post is a perfect example of one of the reasons I named as a reason for the decline. The Internet can be a wonderful thing, and years ago was interesting to hop on and get results, discuss the races we went to, etc. Now, unfortunately, for the most part you hop on and all you read is the doom and gloom opinions and misstatements such as what you posted. You weren't at the US Open, yet based off of the 10 or so updates you informed every fan that came on this site here that the 60 didn't pass a single car to wind up in victory lane, which couldn't be farther from the truth, just ask any fan or person that was actually PRESENT at the race! So what percentage of the casual fans that read your post will show up at Lancaster for the next race based on your post, or any race for that matter? Who is going to spend their hard earned money to go watch a race where there is no passing (according to your post)? Lancaster may be going through some tough times right now, but is still one of the raciest tracks you will find anywhere-just ask the folks who were actually AT the race. I love the Modifieds and always will. Do pretty much every track, series, event have things that could be done better-absolutely. But does every track, series, event have things that they do right-absolutely! There is such a thing as constructive criticism, and there is such a thing as positive feedback as well-some of our community need to learn this. I'm a glass half full guy, and do what I can to get people out and support local racing, esp when it comes to my beloved Modifieds. Can the rest of you glass half empty people honestly say the same? You want change and want the division to be on the incline instead of decline? First step is to look in the mirror and maybe put a little more thought into your posts on here, maybe rewording them so that they can have a positive benefit instead of a negative detriment. Everyone is entitled to their opinions in life, but they should be INFORMED opinions that will be a benefit to the sport that we all love, and obviously are so passionate about.