Author Topic: Maybe this is why you have no cars?  (Read 13662 times)

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe this is why you have no cars?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 07:25:53 PM »
I can't resist putting up my "two cents"...... Looks to me like the white car just tried to put his car into a space that  closed up or wasn't there to begin with. The backstraight incedent seems to me to be typical saturday nite "crap" in a class that has only 4 cars on the track??? Glad I didn't pay money to watch 4 cars,, boring!!! Still... I love the thread..... Anytime DANICA gets her undies in a wad... makes me laugh. GO DANICA,,, I am a fan.......    ADDED: I noticed the car actually went into the pit area,,,, as it was flipping over.... is that true???
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:28:25 PM by dan19n »

Rocketman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 08:16:02 PM »
Clearly you need change back for your 2 cents.......I hope your not saying that the white car was just trying to split the gap when he clearly wrecked the yellow car......if you watched the cars race previously the 8 laps prior you can see that the white cars entry into the corner is slower and he is off the gas about 3 car lengths sooner than the lap he eyed up his target and decide to harpoon the LR....he drove in way over his head, knew what he wanted to do but didn't think about the end result.......and to say your glad you didn't spend money to go watch 4 cars race is kinda ignorant unless you know someone at that track who filled you in on the nightcap.......how do you know that it was a feature? Or heat race? Or maybe that race was a 4 car dash for cash.....maybe that's what the whole wreck was about! Big money and no points for 10 minutes......and one spot was worth $250......but don't say your glad you didn't support a 4 car field.........if you have that kinda attitude, then were all screwed because the way things are going now, some track may only have 4 cars at some point.......the drivers need fans like the fans need drivers......you have to have someone to cheer for and support and we want people to give a show too.........all the support we can get is helpful......4 cars or not.
" If the radiator cap fits, The whole damn car will!"      Beware the Fury in a patient man.

Bikerbob

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:30 PM »
I totally agree with the person who said what they saw.....why is this even up for discussion??TM ::)

Bb
Robert I. Morronson

----Opening Soon in Elmira...Filthy's Fudge and Bait Shop----
----Your one stop shop for homemade fudge & live baits----

itchypav

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 09:33:54 PM »
 :o
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:35:26 PM by itchypav »

oddball5c

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 07:32:27 AM »
  My mistake didn't mean for it to be a big problem or anything.  It's the off season and there isn't much going on on this decaying site so I thought maybe seeing some bad decision making that may have seriously injured or killed one or both of the drivers would just be something to store in the back of our minds the next time tempers flare while strapped into our race cars.  Yes, I did make a comment about it being partial reasoning of the small crowd and that was a bad statement. 

HARDNUT9

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 08:02:58 AM »
Itchy I've got to say that's funny but very wrong! Lol. As far as this being posted oddball I don't see anything wrong with it being posted. It does bring out some interesting discussion. Like at any race track in the country there was good hard racing going on. If it's good hard racing cars are going to touch. Which often results in a crash and/or damaged cars and feelings. Retaliation for good hard racing is just plan dumb. The end result is never good. The cost of today's race cars are high enough without wrecking someone on purpose. Let alone the fact of someone getting hurt or killed. The punishment for the driver seems to show that the racing comunity is coming around to the fact that this is wrong yet it still happens. As far as the track having no/or few fans and low car count. Tough to see from the video but its a shame that if they only get 4 cars that half the field is wrecked due to an adult that can't control his emotions. JMHO.
Much better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

itchypav

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 08:11:12 AM »
Yeah I lost my head. That wasn't directed toward the original poster. Gotta learn to not post. This particular video was discussed a while ago in in believe much detail.

polhamus motor sports

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 09:37:29 AM »
hard to see numbers, in my opinion the yellow car should have restarted behind the car that he gave the flat tire to that is why that guy was ***** and wrecked both cars because the track failed to do their job and penalize the yellow car for giving the other a flat tire this is a common problem with most race tracks and it costs a lot more money to trash both cars. compared to penalizing the aggressor in the first place I see it all year all around and nobody does anything to the guy who gives the other a flat tire I personally would've wrecked him to I just wouldn't have wrecked my car with him

Half Fast Bob

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 11:14:46 AM »
I think some of you guys are watching these 2 video clips from your cell phones with tiny screens. From my 22" computer monitor, I see the yellow car trying an outside pass and knew he was going to bet blocked, so he crossed over to get underneath the white car as they exited the turn. The white car is partially sideways as they roll down the back stretch, and he corrects himself into the right front of the yellow car - flattening his own left rear. I don't see the yellow car being at fault. Apparently officials saw it the same way I did because they left the yellow car in that position on the restart.

Even if there is existing bad blood between the 2 drivers, and even if the yellow car rubbed this guy intentionally in the first place, it doesn't warrant retaliation. If I were judge, jury and executioner in this situation, the white car would not be allowed to return. Ever. He is a loose cannon and a danger to everyone at the track. As for Mr. Yellow Car, I think I would only inform him that the officials would be keeping a close eye on him for the remainder of the season.
If they can have artists, pianists, florists, dentists and bicyclists... then I must be a racist.

thelegend30

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • DelGrosso Brothers Racing
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 01:06:58 PM »
The white car did get banned for life the one post said. He can run series races after he pays a fine and completes anger management.
Driver #11 FWD for DelGrosso Brothers Racing
2014 & 2015 Woodhull Raceway FWD Track Champion
2018 The Hill Speedway FWD Track Champion

Half Fast Bob

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 02:06:43 PM »
The white car did get banned for life the one post said. He can run series races after he pays a fine and completes anger management.

I would say this was more than fair.
If they can have artists, pianists, florists, dentists and bicyclists... then I must be a racist.