Author Topic: Where are They Now  (Read 269197 times)

8ball

• View Profile
Re: Where are They Now
« Reply #285 on: June 30, 2015, 09:39:44 PM »
Ok Boys and Girls here are a few names for you
1. Herbie Green LM # 88 his last car was all Blue if i remember right .
2. Tommy Gush Mod  purple #55
3. BoB Frisbie LM if i recall all White #2
4. Chub Kennedy was before my time but do have pic of him i what to say year is early maybe late 60's car # was 44 ..
 The first 3 i do remember watching but 1 thing i cant remember either Gush or Frisbie had a nick name what was it or did both have nick names???

Bob Frisbie is still around.  He's at Shang 2 now and then.  I've talked to him on the phone a couple of times.  He's junking for money these days I believe.

Herbie Green is in Florida, that's what Bob Frisbie told me.

Tommy Gush was turning wrenches on the #21 for Danny K at one point.

Not sure about Chub.

Davy Nichols #34 ran at the Original Shang, Satch Worley,  Chubby Chandler (Passed away)

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 02, 2015, 07:06:17 AM »
Davy Nichols #34 ran at the Original Shang

Last I heard, Dave had "gone south", and is working for Penske Racing.....

justmark

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • WNYRaceZone - Western New York Racing News
« Reply #287 on: July 02, 2015, 03:45:20 PM »
"Big Bad" Bob Frisbie for his nickname as it was even lettered on his car
Captain History
FOAR SCORE Club Historian

"Life's too short, man"

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle: Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson

Openwheels

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 09, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »

Tommy Gush, stables/mechanics/ and is crew chief for the Danny K #21 Sportsman and ROC Mod
(at SL2 regularly) or where ever the they are running, both driven currently by Tony Hanbury...
"Always Remember": A BAD day at the RACES is always better than a GOOD day at WORK!... :-)

"Racecar" spelled backwards IS "Racecar"....

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 02, 2016, 09:55:21 AM »
I like this thread, so let's hear about a few more from days past....Dave Seils, Tommy Leeson, Bud Schilling, Bobby Hudson, Cam Gagliardi, Danny Mason, Gary Mason, Vic Lewis, Leo Lewandowski, Dick Fowler, Ralph Holmes, Norm Schmidlin, Harry Peek, Jerry Hayes, Graeme Bolia.  FYI, I met Vince Randisi at a car show in Spencerport in 2012 or 2013. He was actually in the middle of a boat trip in the Erie Canal and stopped by my car to look it over and to chat...nice guy, and he won a lot of Super Stock races!  Also, just recently met Ron Martin, who had some success in the #4 Modified at Lancaster in the '70s. He apparently attends most of the current races at Lancaster as a spectator....nice guy too.  Next!

bakes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 02, 2016, 10:56:31 PM »
I like this thread, so let's hear about a few more from days past....Dave Seils, Tommy Leeson, Bud Schilling, Bobby Hudson, Cam Gagliardi, Danny Mason, Gary Mason, Vic Lewis, Leo Lewandowski, Dick Fowler, Ralph Holmes, Norm Schmidlin, Harry Peek, Jerry Hayes, Graeme Bolia.  FYI, I met Vince Randisi at a car show in Spencerport in 2012 or 2013. He was actually in the middle of a boat trip in the Erie Canal and stopped by my car to look it over and to chat...nice guy, and he won a lot of Super Stock races!  Also, just recently met Ron Martin, who had some success in the #4 Modified at Lancaster in the '70s. He apparently attends most of the current races at Lancaster as a spectator....nice guy too.  Next!

I believe Tom Leeson passed away a couple of years back, as did Harry Peek and Jerry Hayes if I recall correctly.  Graeme Bolia is still around.  And yes, Vince is a very nice guy.  Still remember when he took out the front stretch pit gate at Shangri-La.

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 02, 2016, 11:42:52 PM »
Cam Gagliardi passed away in 2011 at age 82. Vic Lewis has been gone for years too.

BigFeet13

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2016, 07:32:59 PM »
Tommy Leeson did pass away a couple years ago.

no74falcon

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 21, 2017, 12:50:38 PM »

Ralph Holmes still owns and operates "Ralph's Collision" in Oneida. In fact, he just opened a mechanical shop just a little west on Rt.5 too. He's doing well.
Allen Clark
Erieville, N.Y.
In God We Trust

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 21, 2017, 04:01:10 PM »
Thanks for the info, Allen.  Only took 1.25 yrs. to get a response to my post!  Anybody else??

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 25, 2017, 01:17:21 AM »
Bobby Hudson is in a long-term care facility, and is not in the best of health.
I believe that Danny Mason, Gary Mason and Dave Seils are still in the Rochester area. I don't know what they're doing though.

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 25, 2017, 02:26:45 PM »
I talked to a guy at the US Open yesterday, who said that Kenny Meahl had been behind him in the bleachers during the race (yesterday's). He must be what....late 80's / early 90's? I guess he's relatively healthy, but mostly deaf.

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 25, 2017, 04:25:50 PM »
Meahl sometimes shows up at Lancaster and Ransomville. He's pushing 90 at age 86, and he is definitely hard of hearing.

80racing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2019, 08:21:27 AM »
just spent a bit of time here and there over last couple days looking thru this thread. damn theres alot of good info in here