Author Topic: Old Boy Cup at NYIRP  (Read 2251 times)

WNY.Starter

• View Profile
Old Boy Cup at NYIRP
« on: June 24, 2020, 10:26:47 PM »
July 9th old boy cup at Lancaster speedway!! Featuring the mighty modifieds(tour type) street stocks.. 4 cyl.. TQ midgets! Fans will be allowed in and we will follow social distance and procedures !! Tell your friends it’s time to go racing!! See you there.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: Old Boy Cup at NYIRP
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 10:36:10 PM »
Fans? How many?  What are the mask and SD rules?
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

WNY.Starter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 12:01:06 PM »
Not sure about the amount of fans hopefully we get 1000 or more and that number you can social distance stay six feet apart. With the mask, they are recommended not required.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 05:32:06 PM »
Can anyone explain how Lancaster can run a race with fans when Oswego just got a no go for Saturday July 4th??

rg23

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 10:10:50 AM »
Can anyone explain how Lancaster can run a race with fans when Oswego just got a no go for Saturday July 4th??

Perhaps it is under the discretion of local governments and not Prince Andy.  Go fast, turn left!

rg23

• Veteran
    • View Profile

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 06:22:50 AM »
Brett Deyo (Fonda) figured out that he could have fans at his New York State track under the restaurant / dining regulations.  He assesses a $12.00 cover charge to eat at his restaurant and hopes the noise will not be an issue.  I believe Lebanon Valley was going to try something similar this weekend.

It appears that dirt tracks in NYS have the financial ability to operate with reduced audiences and/or pay-per-view based on who is running events and who isn't.  Asphalt tracks, on the other hand, are all awaiting word from Albany.
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 10:47:06 AM »
https://speed51.com/oswego-speedway-receives-no-go-from-elected-officials/

Is there some "anti-racetrack" lobby in operation, in Albany??  The way it looks to me, this could spell the end of asphalt racing in New York State, as most of these tracks don't have the kind of cash reserve it takes, to survive being "out of business" for an entire season. Furthermore, where does that leave the racers??

I'm pretty sure that many of them started "freshening up" their cars for the upcoming season, long before the "Kung-flu" hit the world, and assumed that they'd get the opportunity to use the new stuff they bought. And furthermore, as I implied above, if this situation effectively kills off the asphalt tracks, what are the owners/driver going to do with their race cars........"cash for clunkers" program??