Author Topic: Modified Mania June 28th at Evergreen Raceway  (Read 4077 times)

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
Modified Mania June 28th at Evergreen Raceway
« on: June 10, 2020, 12:11:22 PM »
2 Division's of Modified Competition on June 28th.

Tour Modifieds roar to life on June 28th. Added to racing schedule.

Evergreen Raceway in Drums Pennsylvania will hear the roar of the 600 horsepower Tour Type Modifieds earlier then expected. When it was announced that the 2020 racing season would get underway on June 21st, June 28th was quickly added to the racing schedule. Originally the schedule read no racing due to the double header at Pocono Raceway, however with how late the season is getting started Makarewicz the Drums native quickly added it back to the season's schedule. Originally announced was the Evergreen Modified division which is a step down from the full blown asphalt modified, along with the street stocks, 4 cylinders and Jr 4 Cylinders. Quickly calls, social media messages and emails began to flow to the Speedway about adding the Tour Type Modifieds to the event. " The response to add tour mods to our June 28th schedule has been insane" stated announcer Ted Grow. Makarewicz the fifth year promoter chimed in "calls have been coming left and right with support being shown by guys who just want to come and race". "This is for them they asked for it and I am delivering."
More details are still forthcoming in the next week or so regarding this event please stay up to date on our Facebook page and website at www.evergreenracewaypark.com. Or on Twitter @EvergreenRacePa
Announcer Ted "The Mouth" Grow

www.evergreenracewaypark.com

"The track where your treated like family not just a customer"

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: Modified Mania June 28th at Evergreen Raceway
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 09:00:24 PM »
Fans?  How many?

Crew restrictions?
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 09:44:23 PM »
No restrictions for this event

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 11:23:00 PM »
Oh Jeez...don't tell Wolfe

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 10:41:01 AM »
If your worried stay home. I will be there with NO MASK

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 02:13:29 PM »
What? me worry?  Hell no I'm Alfred E. Newman.

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 11:19:25 AM »
My concern is the length of the show as Evergreen has a proven history of turning 4 hour events into 6 hour marathons.  (A friend coined the term, "12 hours of Evergreen".)  Adding tour-type modifieds is the perfect recipe for a show that starts late and ends even later. 
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 11:55:49 AM »
We are going to do everything we can to get the show in within a reasonable amount of time. We have updated staffing including new race director who want's to get folks out as soon as possible.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 02:47:49 PM »
What ever happens I doubt it will be worse that MV last Sat.  Seemed like E Green with all the cautions and 5 ( i think) reds. Not all were the racers fault. Blown rears take a long time to clean up but I also hope a 3 spin and your out rule is implemented.  Also hope the nights rules are not decieded during the drivers meetings as well. Love the track but the show drags on way too long. But..a new year brings new hope.

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2020, 01:13:55 PM »
We are going to do everything we can to get the show in within a reasonable amount of time. We have updated staffing including new race director who want's to get folks out as soon as possible.

Your Press Release for this event states that practice will start at 12:30 with racing at 2:00.  Are you kidding me?  Is this the way the new race director is showing us that he/she wants to get folks out as soon as possible?  Do you really want me to believe that practice for all divisions, a driver's meeting(s), national anthem, etc. will all be completed in 90 minutes and that the first race will start at 2:00? 

Here's a couple of suggestions:
1) You need two hours for practice, driver's meeting(s), etc.  Start at 12:00 noon.

2) Have the cars for the next heat/consi/feature lined up, ready to go when the previous event ends.  No getting the cars lined up on the track along the backstretch.  No waiting for any racers that are late.  The cars come onto the track, get the white flag from the starter, and then the green flag the next time around.

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 10:13:45 PM »
First off since I can remember practice always started at 12:30 TOWNSHIP REGULATIONS so before you go spreading FALSE information get your facts straight. Appreciate the input.

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 12:00:39 PM »
First off since I can remember practice always started at 12:30 TOWNSHIP REGULATIONS so before you go spreading FALSE information get your facts straight. Appreciate the input.

I spread no FALSE information.  I simply stated (correctly) that the track has been unable to start on time and that your events take much too long.  I offered a couple of suggestions -- one for starting on time and one for finishing sooner.  If you can't start practice until 12:30, then move the start time to 2:30 instead.  And I note that you ignored my (most reasonable) comment about having the cars promptly lined up, and ready to go, for each race.  That would save a lot of time based on past practices.

If it doesn't rain, I'll be at the track on Sunday.  If you start on time, I'll eat crow.  I remind you that your press release says racing at 2:00 -- not drivers' meeting at 2:00 or national anthem at 2:00. 

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 10:44:56 PM »
Ted are the scoring issues ironed out. That was the biggest fail last year. Getting line ups for restarts has to be better. What are the rules on the white DO NOT ENTER stripe in turns 1 and 2. Only at Evergreen is this an issue. Hope spring eternal and with a new season on us hope is all we have going in. On a positive note a lot of the $hit show has been cleaned up there. A certain driver not being out there contributes to that . Nice looking field for this Sunday ..hope the rain holds.

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 07:53:27 PM »
perhaps limit it to one practice session per division -

the best thing about nascar now is that you don't get all the practice time!!

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 09:01:08 PM »

I spread no FALSE information.  I simply stated (correctly) that the track has been unable to start on time and that your events take much too long.  I offered a couple of suggestions -- one for starting on time and one for finishing sooner.  If you can't start practice until 12:30, then move the start time to 2:30 instead.  And I note that you ignored my (most reasonable) comment about having the cars promptly lined up, and ready to go, for each race.  That would save a lot of time based on past practices.

If it doesn't rain, I'll be at the track on Sunday.  If you start on time, I'll eat crow.  I remind you that your press release says racing at 2:00 -- not drivers' meeting at 2:00 or national anthem at 2:00.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Race NY: I can tell you that crow is not the best tasting bird available.  Yes... Evergreen started on time.  Actually two (2) minutes late but that's close enough for me given their history.  Here's hoping this is the start of a new era at the facility.  Now, let's see if the intermission can be shortened to something more reasonable.