Author Topic: STATEMENT IN REGARD TO THE STATUS AND SCHEDULING OF THE TOMMY/TONY TRIBUTE  (Read 1447 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
STATEMENT IN REGARD TO THE STATUS AND SCHEDULING OF THE 32ND ANNUAL TRIBUTE TO TOMMY DRUAR / TONY JANKOWIAK MEMORIAL RACE

The Druar and Jankowiak family have made a decision as a family that is in regard to our family’s race (the 32nd Annual Tribute to Tommy Druar / Tony Jankowiak Memorial Race). The event is a special event for racers in our region and we would like to protect our family’s legacy that has been established over the last 32-years.

The race has developed and evolved over the past 31-seasons into a celebration of short track racing and a benefit to local track racing in Western New York and should be presented as such. Prior to what may be perceived as the scheduling of the event for 2021, there was one stipulation that a member of our family requested and it was simply not met.

Therefore, we have decided, after conversations amongst our family that the Race of Champions will present the race, wherever the event is scheduled.

Details in regard to scheduling of the race and event, will be announced shortly. If you are seeking more information in regard to this race, at this point, we ask that you respect the family’s decision and contact Race of Champions management.

Thank you for understanding of our position; Mickey Druar and Debbie Jankowiak.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I am confused.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I would have to guess that the family would like the race to be at Lancaster, but the ROC and Lancaster dont see eye to eye to put it nicely.

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I would concur.  Although the exact details are unknown, reasonable speculation is that the family wanted the event at Lancaster to be RoC sanctioned.  No RoC sanction means no event at Lancaster.  I understand and I support the family's decision.
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.