Author Topic: ive been out of the loop for awhile  (Read 5533 times)

nitro1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
ive been out of the loop for awhile
« on: December 30, 2019, 12:27:39 PM »
Spencer closing?
Holland ?
Lancaster?
Wyoming Co?
can someone please update me!!!!!
theres nothing like the smell of nitro in the morning

racermurray

• View Profile
Re: ive been out of the loop for awhile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 01:19:54 PM »
Good Luck getting info , mum's been the word so far on all those tracks . There is confirmation of a big sportsman-modified race at Oswego July 4th. http://www.oswegospeedway.com/news/?i=80028
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 01:27:42 PM by racermurray »

pushinthecushin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 01:45:10 PM »
Chemung Speedrome is health and ready to race for 2020 and beyond!!!

canuck5902

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 03:01:33 PM »
Lancaster is similar to last year. Run their own modifieds 5ish times, no roc.
Holland, heard two races, no details, not roc

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 10:15:15 PM »
holland is working on a full season. multiple sources. only time will tell. I have a feeling no ROC season
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:25:21 PM by Hollandracer83 »

bassman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 06:17:12 AM »
How about SL2? Been a while since any scuttlebutt has been said about that place??…..

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 06:53:21 AM »
I hate to say it but sadly asphalt racing is dying a slow death in New York State.The new kid on the block is Jody London and along with a few others may turn things around,i hope so.I have gone from attending from 35 -45 races per year to 7 races the last 3 years.The post from Leadfoot hit the nail right on the head.The ROC series has gone downhill since it was bought from Harpell.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 11:09:50 AM »
Modified racing in WNY has been in dismay for the last few years.Outrageous tire prices,high sanction fees,less than full fields ,guys not getting paid till weeks and months later,inflated egos etc... Modified racing has shown growth and potential in the New England states(Tri Track Series) ,with full fields and larger purse structures. BIG changes coming soon locally, should be a great start to the new year...😀
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 02:03:01 PM »
"The ROC series has gone downhill since it was bought from Harpell."

Care to explain just what you mean?  The racing is better at Oswego than LE?  I don't think so.

(makes no diff I crew on the 60 either Matt's has won plenty at both places.   If better means it's pain to

drive to Erie vs Oswego you got me there but NFW is the racing at worn old Oswego better.   :P 
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 02:16:03 PM »
Citing increased costs to present the Modifieds at Thompson Speedway, the owners have proposed a limited schedule and approximate 75% reduction in purses in 2020.  Not a typo.  Approximate 75% reduction from previous year, 2019.

While this may not be the final plan, it has caused a great deal of angst amongst the drivers and race fans.

Here is the link, read it for yourself:  https://racedayct.com/2019/12/competitors-react-to-news-of-thompson-speedway-changes-for-2020-season/

It appears the business model for presenting "full blown" asphalt Modifieds on the short tracks is in a dark hour for car owners, drivers, fans and track owners. 

Respectfully Submitted to the denizens of Racing New York,

J. Langford Ratzsonelli

"Today is yesterday's future"

GeorgeSkora

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • GeorgeSkoraIIIMotorsports
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 03:20:47 PM »
RoC will be racing next year no matter how much some of you haters talk. It's like some of you keep repeating yourself in hope of what you say come true.
 As far as holland running a full schedule I can squash that rumor. Although it would be nice to see  a full schedule let's hope for more than 2 ROC mod races there this year which I think will come true.
 Also some of you need to stop living in the past at oswego. You can't match the excitement Lake Erie  puts out in all the divisions on ROC weekend.
George Skora

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 09:49:45 AM »
GeorgeSkora....+1
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 04:43:58 PM »
Thompson (management) is playing some kind of a game. (IMO). Only a fool would race there under the -75% purse cut and go for 4 Weds nights
and the two big Spring and Fall shows.  That track closing would do what to the almighty Tour?  Waterford isn't open and that leaves SMS as the epicenter of Modified racing?  Next time somebody sh its on the TT or the ROC or MRS or any other non NA$CAR  race I'll gladly give them directions to Thompson.  It's not 1970..or 80 or even 90 anymore kids so support what you have in your own backyard. Unless pi ssing in the wind is more fun. :-\
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 06:09:38 PM »
 Happy New Year Race Fans!  Just Checkin' in myself;
RoC will be racing next year no matter how much some of you haters talk. It's like some of you keep repeating yourself in hope of what you say come true.
 As far as holland running a full schedule I can squash that rumor. Although it would be nice to see  a full schedule let's hope for more than 2 ROC mod races there this year which I think will come true.

Yeah Baby!! Nicely Said! Let's Go Racin' 

roblaskowski99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2020, 09:43:33 PM »
GSIII is 100 percent correct ROC will race this year in the racing at Oswego sucks great location cool trackk with a lot of history but that's as far as it goes.  Lake Erie 10 times better for the racer and the fan