Author Topic: ive been out of the loop for awhile  (Read 5471 times)

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ive been out of the loop for awhile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 01:44:02 PM »
I agree too.. the NYS mod series races do suck at Oswego and the crowds and car counts show that.. Both NASCAR races have been exciting and have had more than full fields, not to mention HUGE crowds.. also 10 winners out of 12 features with full fields of supers was nice this year.
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

roblaskowski99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2020, 08:54:38 PM »
I agree with GSIII in everything he has said in other posts the last hit the nail on the head of your cars not out there it doesn't matter, and I will guarantee that doesn't happen.  Good they have full fields of cars that doesn't mean the racing is good, multiple winners does mean good racing either, but it's nice to see.  You just have a hard on for Joe.  Maybe they have done something to the track since I've been there last but, I have seen supermods and isma at many different venues and I think they both suck.  The immense speed is great but just a class of cars that does absolutely nothing for me.  I was born watching stock car not spaceships on wheels (supers, Indycar, formula 1).  You can buy me a ticket pay for beer and give me $100, I won't go.

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 10:18:46 PM »
3 divisions thats it, cut the rest, bring stock back in racing. Racing needs a  reset and now is a good time. tracks struggling ROC touring series dying a slow painful death, low crowds. time for a reset.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2020, 08:07:36 AM »
3 divisions thats it, cut the rest, bring stock back in racing. Racing needs a  reset and now is a good time. tracks struggling ROC touring series dying a slow painful death, low crowds. time for a reset.

I understand your point, and pretty much agree. However, back in the "glory days" of the 50s-70s, a "stock car" had it's beginnings as a full-framed, V-8 powered, rear wheel driven, 2 door sedan, created by one of the Detroit manufacturers. Those cars were last produced in the mid-late 1980s, almost 40 years ago. The supply of them has dried up.

The readily available, raw material for a "stock car" today, is either a 4 or6 cylinder, FWD, unit bodied, 4 door sedan. Hardly what we "old timers" would consider to be a good starting point for a "race car", and hardly something that would draw me out to the race track.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2020, 11:47:13 AM »
As is usually the case this time of year, the rumor mill is spinning out of control...I, too, have heard about Spencer's supposed impending demise.  So instead of believing those who post guesses and just plain misleading info, I called John White myself to get things " straight! .  He told me, without hesitation, that the schedule is being worked on.  So, unless something changes, (he IS the owner, after all, he can do what he wants!)--that puts EVERYTHING he might choose to do in play.  ALWAYS Go directly to the source!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 01:30:06 PM by raceannouncer »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2020, 01:47:59 PM »
Hoping that means we will see some modified races at Spencer in 2020. Shows have been pretty good of late that I have seen.

Far from NY, but does any one know if Myrtle Beach is going to go back and add the modifieds to their fall show in 2020. I know they were dropped last year.

coyotekart1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2020, 01:24:16 PM »
NYSS series has on avg 30+ cars per race. Lowest count was 23 i believe? Largest was 48 at oswego.

Dont see that series dying. Heck, Oswego wanted them more than the 3 that were scheduled. Good racing, lots of different winners, rules enforced, great payouts.

That sounds good to me.

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2020, 04:34:30 PM »
all touring classes should be eliminated as well unless it is a premier class. ie Mods or Super Late Models. Back in the 90;s you NEVER EVER SAW a touring super stock or 4 cylinder class they were either not around and were considered a feeder class. Just another reason why the premier classes are dying If racing wants to survive we need to go back to how it was when it was successful . You wont see me at a track in NY bc of the dysfunction ill be in canada following APC super late models

good luck to all non premier touring class drivers killing the premier touring ROC MOD series.

canuck5902

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2020, 05:41:39 PM »
Contradicting yourself with the APC. They are not supers, I believe they are called limited which are the top weekly class at Ontario tracks. Flamboro's numbers were slightly up this (fairly sure), no idea about the other tracks

coyotekart1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2020, 06:26:45 PM »
Or maybe the top classes killed themselves by pricing the majority of people out of being able to run. Heck, the NYSS is expensive to run...but if you finish top 5, you can leave the race making some money.

You cant do that in LM or Mods unless you race a special show. Even so, your car cost $75,000 to run for $20,000 purse(not counting the big ones like jukasa).

Also, APC is LMSC cars basically.

canuck5902

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2020, 07:50:12 PM »
Touring series have helped to build classes and other times take them down. Tough times