Author Topic: Wonderful Weekend at Thompson WS  (Read 1627 times)

MOD11RACER

• View Profile
Wonderful Weekend at Thompson WS
« on: October 24, 2013, 08:52:31 PM »
What a way to end the WMT 2013 season.

There isn't a better way to end the WMT racing season than at Thompson Speedway. The place is built for the WMT.

The WMT race was Great.

Ryan Preece running for the win and not just riding around to win the Championship. Does Preece know any other way to race. LOL

Great weather, Historic crowd on Saturday and an even bigger crowd on Sunday. Campers everywhere.

The stands were full. Both the front gate and back gate. 288 Race Cars.

The WMT race as good as they come. Lots of passing, great field of cars 29. Also 34 MRS, 29 ISMA Supers, 26 SK's to name a few.

Great run by the Matt Hirschman family owned 60. Running hard from the green flag Matt started 7Th took the lead on lap 67 from pole sitter 44 Bobby Santos. After a pit stop Matt was making his way back to the front
when he tangled with the 22 of Mike Stefanik and had to go to the rear of the field. IMO the 22 of Stefanik ran Matt to hard when he was on old tires and Matt had new tires. Stefanik kept pinching Matt into the corners and everybody knows how hard it is to pass on the low side at Thompson. If it wasn't for Stefanik Matt wouldn't have been it that position to end up against the fence. That's the way Mike the Great races today. Stefanik will not give anybody a break.

Matt came back to finish a hard fought 7Th in the WMT event. Great day for Matt and his entire team and family at Thompson.

Loved seeing the Matt and the 60 in the field.

Other Great runs were made by 6 Ron Silk starting 29th after an engine change and challenging for the lead late in the race.

Max Zachem who is a regular on the MRS was driving the back up machine to Todd Szegedy with Ken Berry as his crew chief finished 6th and not by default, but by racing hard.

89 Timmy Solomito the hard charger from Long Island and Riverhead Raceway finished 10th.

72 Chuck Hossfeld and 71 of Jimmy Zacharias running in the top 10 at one time in the race.

Who says you can't compete on this Tour.

Last but not least the 93 of Rowan Pennink the 2013 VMRS Champion winning the race in a NASCAR Spec Motor.

Look for 16 to 17 WMT races in 2014.

WOO_Fan

• View Profile
Re: Wonderful Weekend at Thompson WS
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 07:02:25 AM »
You may not be a Stefanik fan but I'm not sure you watched the entire incident between Hirshman and Stefanik take place or if you just caught the aftermath.  Pretty sure others would agree that wreck wasn't Mike's doing - others yes - but not the one you speak of in 3 & 4.  Was he involved, yes.  Did he cause it, no.  Lia got into the back of Mike's car as they went into 3 & 4 which pushed Mike into/through Hirshman.  As for Stefanik not giving anyone a break, I'm pretty sure everyone will have a long break from Stefanik since he's officially retired now.  The World Series of Racing was his last run. 

Regardless, An amazing show indeed!  Well worth making the trip to watch 3 days of racing for $55.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »
Hey WOO, where did you officially see this? >>

I'm pretty sure everyone will have a long break from Stefanik since he's officially retired now.  The World Series of Racing was his last run. 

"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

AISannouncer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 05:43:45 PM »
This is truly one of the great racing week-ends in the northeast.  I was very disappointed to miss it due to work related issues.  Already planning ahead for next year!