Author Topic: black rock ss rules  (Read 13162 times)

RPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
black rock ss rules
« on: February 07, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
nice to see another track with the same rules. now we can run at raceway 5, freedom, black rock, and little valley. wish woodhull would of went to the same i think it would of helped there car count.

Turn5Podcast

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Turn 5 Live Website and Archives
Re: black rock ss rules
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
One step at a time Park- Woodhull made a lot of very positive changes for 2015 which will certainly help car counts in the division.  We are excited to see how well all of our local tracks do this season.
Turn 5 LIVE
"Your dirt track racing home for news, results, discussion & driver interviews"
Co-Hosted by Steven Ovens & Clint Miller
Every Tuesday night on the Performance Motorsports Network

www.performancemotorsportsnetwork.com
Facebook- www.facebook.com/Turn5Live
Twitter: Turn5Live

dblaney9393

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 11:30:40 AM »
Little valley doesn't run the American racer stockers or let you set the engine back. Also says stock configuration upper aframe so there is 3 big differences in their rules compared to the other track you mentioned

Prostr53

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 12:07:50 PM »
Plus I believe crate street stocks have to run a chip at blackrock

RPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 07:45:40 PM »
just found a track to run sundays utica rome has pro street stocks.

brplm91

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 09:09:28 PM »
Woodhull changed there rule to match black rock then black rock changed
racin for fun....like it should be

RPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 07:00:00 AM »
i really think black rock looked at other area tracks and woodhull just did what there 12 guys wanted

thelegend30

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • DelGrosso Brothers Racing
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 09:18:04 AM »
i really think black rock looked at other area tracks and woodhull just did what there 12 guys wanted

You are a pretty funny guy. You know so much about running tracks, Raceway 5 used to be your track of choice to complain about rules at, now its Woodhull and its rules. You should buy a track. Show us all how it should be done.
Driver #11 FWD for DelGrosso Brothers Racing
2014 & 2015 Woodhull Raceway FWD Track Champion
2018 The Hill Speedway FWD Track Champion

RPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »
raceway 5 is far from my race track of choice. i am sorry if you took this the wrong way i should of word it different. i was looking into running at woodhull but there rules are not even close to other area tracks. as far as buying a track i would never have the time, a run my own business and do very well for my self. i just went by there average car count last year.

dblaney9393

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 12:31:55 PM »
The only difference at Woodhull is the tranny so how are they way off? They will draw over 15 cars a night so I don't see a problem with it. I also raced raceway 5 all year and they had a hard tim drawing over 12 streets

RPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »
the only difference is not just  the tranny . no angle plug heads,no cross over headers,no msd ignition and no home made bodies. so to me this is not even close to the rules at 4 other area tracks. i hope every track gets 15 to 20 cars. I have asked before with no answer?? what other tracks run the same rules as woodhull??( maybe some down south i do not know )

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 03:49:10 PM »
... and no home made bodies.

That's a great rule as far as I'm concerned. There are a lot of truly hideous dirt street/pure stocks out there.
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

RPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 04:06:32 PM »
if it is the tranny rule groundpounder you are talking about ,you maybe write . but guys are putting alot of money into there  trannys now and they are not lasting . if you buy a good used bert it will cost about $1000 and you will have a bullet proof tranny. i am bulding a new street stock and had to weight out the differance. i found a rebuilt bert for $900 . street stocks will turn into super stocks and then will go back to street stocks again. I own property (camp) near woodhull and was hopeing on running there i few times.

dblaney9393

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 04:44:05 PM »
the only difference is not just  the tranny . no angle plug heads,no cross over headers,no msd ignition and no home made bodies. so to me this is not even close to the rules at 4 other area tracks. i hope every track gets 15 to 20 cars. I have asked before with no answer?? what other tracks run the same rules as woodhull??( maybe some down south i do not know )

Where have you been. Cross over headers have been legal for 5 years there bow ties are now legal they have been making their own bodies for years. How about you go watch at s track and look at the cars before you run your mouth with misleading facts

dblaney9393

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 04:46:37 PM »
And mater of fact you were on the woodhull post that their rules were posted on complaining month ago did you forget to read the rules that were posted there