Author Topic: 2010 Hangover 150 - Just 1 week away!  (Read 15134 times)

DaveTheDude

• Veteran
  • WGR's Fast Track
    • View Profile
    • Fast Track on Twitter
Re: 2010 Hangover 150 - Just 1 week away!
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2010, 07:24:28 PM »
He was taken to ECMC with an apparent concussion was the last I heard.  According to some reports the driver was consuming alcoholic beverages in the parking lot earlier in the day...

There's some race pictures on the Ransomville site and over at Dirt Track Digest too http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/gallery2/thumbnails.php?album=3133
Dave "The Dude" Buchanan
Director of Media Relations/Announcer - Lancaster National Speedway
Announcer - Ransomville Speedway, Race of Champions 200
Host - WGR's Fast Track on WGR Sportsradio 550 & WGR550.com Sundays from 11 a.m. - Noon

DannyJFan1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2010, 11:39:21 AM »
rocket5973- or Andy shall I say, I think you need to get the facts straight before you get on here and blow your horn about the 27 car (its wasn't me but I know who it was). First thing is I don't know who gave you the wrong information but the 27 did NOT come out of the infield and take you out, he was never even in the infield, infact he was in 2nd place at the time and you were the leader, also he swears to me that he did not mean to take you out, he says you slowed drastically and he just rearended you, and I was watching you guys race the whole time.....

Secondly, you want to be a key chucker hunh? Don't worry we got the car out and loaded no problem because we had a second set of keys with us, but that bullet shell keychain that was attached to the key that you thought would be so cool to yank and throw, yeah that gun shell was from his late fathers 21 gun solute that happened to be exactly 1 year ago on new years day, so that keychain meant more to him than a his stupid 100 dollar car you thought we would have problems getting out, more than the whole hangover race, probably more than your whole racing career means to you.....

Just wanted to let you know what kind of day you made for this guy and obviously we can see where your standards are that you let a race that ultimately means nothing get to you, for you to stoop this low. Key chuckers are in my book some of the lowest or the low and has gotta be one of the childish moves you could make, maybe you need to do a little growing up?

All I gotta say to you now is that I hope you realize that since you want to play this way we will too.  That everytime you want to show up to the hangover, I'll have your number, I don't care what class your in, if you run your little cone on the back or anything you do to try and hide, I will find out what car your in and I will make sure you will never finish another hangover again.......I'm just gunna play on the same childish level you want to...

wookie

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 05:44:48 PM »
 :o NOT COOL!
let the wookie win!!!!

rockstar123

• Veteran
  • Turn left
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 11:11:34 PM »
Ouch that's a grudge that won't go away
Rockstar Racing this year all "for Smiles"

speedracer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2010, 01:32:40 AM »
wow,first the us open now this -NOT COOL IS RIGHT!
for someone that dosent own a car of his or her own you should think before you act like BOTH of these times!as you'll be watchin from the stands before too much longer.

rocket5973

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »
I am truly sorry given the circumstances that the keys were of sentimental value. Obviously something like that extends far past the importance of a race so I am sorry for my actions, it was very immature on my part whether the keys were sentimental or not. I am sorry. All I can say for myself is I was leading the race and the driver did come out of the infield with his head turned around looking at me. The next turn I could here his foot to the floor as he turned me into the wall so at the very least don’t say it wasn’t intentional. As per the write up on the website he was several laps down and certainly not in second place. He had absolutely nothing to gain race wise by wrecking me and I knew it. I do realize its just a little hangover race but it did cost me 300 bucks for the win and my car was so blocked in by other cars but the end of all the races that I couldn’t possibly remove it within the tracks ridiculous 1 hour time frame. Oh but I did get to sit out in the cold and the mud and try until the junk yard guys literally ran us out. So with scrap I lost 450 bucks and I came back with an empty flat bed and a car owner that will never send one of his trucks to that speedway again over the lost car. So I guess that was my last hangover as well.

If I could take it all back I would do it all differently. I would never want to disrespect the driver or his father. If there is anything I can do for him to right this situation I will certainly do so. Blackout95@aol.com is my email.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:18:36 PM by rocket5973 »

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2010, 01:24:10 PM »
Nice post Junior..........Sure am glad I never let the heat of the moment get to me................lol
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

modscene

• Rookie
  • It doesn't get any better than this
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2010, 02:35:53 PM »
Nice post Junior..........Sure am glad I never let the heat of the moment get to me................lol
I can vouch for this....or maybe not!  :)
A bad day at the racetrack is still better than a good day anywhere else! May God Bless Dutch Hoag - the best idol a boy who never grew up could have.