Author Topic: 2020 ROC MOD SHEDULE  (Read 8115 times)

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 ROC MOD SHEDULE
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 09:14:18 PM »
Kenny - Thanks for the information about the Fans of Spencer Speedway.  I was unaware of the Facebook group.  I would feel a lot more confident about a limited Spencer schedule if someone "official" made the announcement or issued a press release with details.

As for the Lancaster/Race of Champions split, I'm concerned about car counts for the unsanctioned shows at Lancaster. Will modified teams from central New York and northern Pennsylvania make the trip to Lancaster for the three events?  I guess we'll have to wait and see.
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

canuck5902

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 07:02:34 AM »
Are the midgets included in any  their shows?

LakeErieSpeedway

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 12:14:22 PM »
Are the midgets included in any  their shows?
They will be part of the June 27th event at Lake Erie Speedway

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 08:23:12 AM »
http://www.rocmodifiedseries.com/schedule/

Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Series Schedule (2020)

5/16/2020   
Chemung Speedrome - Chemung, NY
Modified Season Opener
Asphalt Modifieds

6/12/2020   
Spencer Speedway - Williamson, NY
ROC Modifieds at Spencer
Asphalt Modifieds

6/27/2020   
Lake Erie Speedway - North East, PA
ROC Modifieds at Erie
Asphalt Modifieds

7/18/2020   
The Track at Hillside - Holland, NY
ROC Modifieds at Holland
Asphalt Modifieds

7/24/2020   
Spencer Speedway - Williamson, NY
3rd Annual Maynard Troyer Classic
Asphalt Modifieds

8/15/2020   
Chemung Speedrome - Chemung, NY
ROC Modifieds at Chemung
Asphalt Modifieds

9/26/2020   
Lake Erie Speedway - North East, PA
Race of Champions Weekend
Asphalt Modifieds

10/3/2020   
Mahoning Valley Speedway - Lehighton, PA
ROC Modifieds at Mahoning
Asphalt Modifieds

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 09:11:13 AM »
Only one small issue. The ROC and TTOM collide on Aug 15th.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 10:46:22 AM »
Holland race is in direct conflict with WMT at Loudon also.....Not good for the #07, 54, 56, 64...

A third Spencer date not listed....Was going to be September 4th?....
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 11:59:30 AM »
i think that may be a mis print - i just found this ( and it includes the sept spencer date)

Race of Champions management has released the first nine (9) dates for the Race of Champions Modified Series 2020 season.

The schedule gives fans an opportunity to visit to premier racing facilities throughout the Northeast. These dates and locations will bring together traditional events with some exciting additions to the promotional calendar, giving everyone a variety of exciting events throughout the 2020 season to showcase the Race of Champions brand of racing.

The Series will return to Spencer Speedway in Williamson, New York for three events during the campaign including the 2nd Annual Maynard Troyer Classic on Friday, September 4, 2020. The event will once again see the Modifieds compete in a 60-lap dash paying $6,000-toi-win. Mike Leaty of Williamson, N.Y., the inaugural classic calling it “the biggest of win of his career” in 2019.

Thunder-in-the-Hills will return once again on Saturday, July 18 in an event at Holland (N.Y.) International Speedway. The event is being promoted Ron Bennett, owner of the facility and his manager, Gordon Becker. It is a date and a return of stock car racing to the facility after a one-year absence from all traditional stock car racing events at the Western New York facility.

The Series premier event, the 70th Annual Race of Champions 250, will once again take place in North East, Pa., at the beautiful Lake Erie Speedway where fans in attendance witnessed an exciting event in 2019, when Matt Hirschman of Northampton, Pa., recorded his record setting 7th win in the prestigious event. Lake Erie will also host another event on Saturday, June 27 as a kickoff to the July 4th holiday weekend.(For more information visit www.lakeeriespeedway.com)

The Series will appear on twice at Chemung (N.Y.) Speedrome, including the opener on Saturday, May 16 with the Four Cylinder Dash Series as well as the Four Cylinder Dash Series. On Saturday, August 15th the Series will return to Chemung with the Race of Champions Super Stock Series and the T.Q. Midget Series in conjunction with the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in competition at Watkins Glen.

The Series will visit Mahoning Valley Speedway in Lehighton, Pa., for the final event of the season on Saturday, October 3 as part of the season ending program at the ¼-mile speedplant. The Series has always featured exciting racing at Mahoning and this trip will also crown the Series champion adding additional excitement to the program. (For more information visit www.mahoning-valleyspeedway.com)

The Race of Champions Late Models and Super Stock schedules are beginning to take shape as well and will be released in the near future while Race of Champions management continues to negotiate dates for all of its seven divisions of racing.

The Race of Champions is a sanctioning body presenting Modified and Stock Car racing on asphalt and dirt surfaces throughout the Northeast, with events in New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey with primary marketing partners Hoosier Racing Tire, VP Racing Fuels, Upstate Automotive Group, Waddell Communications, Pilat Graphic Design, TDH Refrigeration, Sherwood Racing Wheels, DirtTrackDigest.com; MyRacePass and Speed51.com. The 70th annual Race of Champions weekend will take place in 2020 at Lake Erie Speedway in North East, Pennsylvania and is the second longest consecutive auto-racing event in North America, second only to the Indianapolis 500.

For more information, contact;

Race of Champions Media at media@rocmodifiedseries.com

Follow us on Twitter; Instagram and Facebook; @RoCModSeries

Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Series

Day of the Week Month Day Track

Saturday May 16 Chemung Speedrome

Friday June 12 Spencer Speedway

Saturday June 27 Lake Erie Speedway

Saturday July 18 Holland International Speedway

Friday July 24 Spencer Speedway

Saturday August 15 Chemung Speedrome

Friday September 4 Spencer Speedway

Saturday September 26 Lake Erie Speedway – 69th Annual Race of Champions 250

Saturday October 3 Mahoning Valley Speedway (Inclement Weather Date October 10)

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2020, 12:13:14 PM »
I would think it was a misprint too....but....they have the MT Classic listed on the July date.

So who knows, maybe they are rethinking the Sept. date?....

I'm so confused.....lol
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2020, 02:52:38 PM »
You're confused? Holy crap, I figured I go and settle it all by visiting the ROC website...BIG MISTAKE.

As you all know, ROC is doing the Spencer Speedway stuff and has a section on their website for them.

I can confirm the ROC schedule and the Spencer schedule don't match up.

Somebody better tell the ROC that MYRACEPASS has this all jacked up.... ;D

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2020, 11:44:27 AM »
I'm going to guess that the Spencer schedule on the ROC website is last years schedule..

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2020, 03:33:48 PM »
schedules seem to match up better now -

http://www.rocmodifiedseries.com/schedule/