Author Topic: How Much Money Does Your Local Race Track Make  (Read 20808 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
Re: How Much Money Does Your Local Race Track Make
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 09:42:54 AM »
Between 2000-2005, Karl at Thunder Mountain cleared about $85,000 after taxes.

...and the propblem with that IS???
The thread's title is: How Much Money Does Your Local track Make and Gomerpyle responded with an answer about Thunder Mountain during the years 2000-2005.
Again, he gave an answer to the question asked and that's all.  For some strange reason you're taking his reply to another level.

Well, I guess you can count me in as the ONLY one who wondered why it was started in the first place...
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

AISannouncer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 01:17:57 PM »
I can tell you for a fact that Adirondack has made as much these past three years as all the prior eight years combined!

Keith Zehr

Salukifan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Ted's Racing Photos
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 08:02:28 PM »
I'd say probably not as much as most people would think.  It is not as easy as opening the gates and collecting the money and putting it in the bank.  Besides the race night expenses of purse and payroll, insurance takes a big bite (when I was involved at Moc-A-Tek back in the early 80's, the insurance bill was around $1,200 per night, I would assume that number is much higher these days), along with repairs and fuel for all of the equipment adds up quickly.  While I'm sure that there are some who are making some decent money, I highly doubt that anyone is getting rich in the racing game these days. 

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »
Between 2000-2005, Thunder Mountain was doing very very well.
Kareem of Wheet

jack3

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 09:03:48 AM »
Walt
  you can make money if you have track. as my moM alway said you  have to spend money to make money.BUT you have to sit down do your home work every week and see what your fans like.Listern to your fans because  they are the ones that are spending the money.And making YOU money.You need to try and have a good repoor with your fans. come out in the stands and talk to them like you do that makes a difference.And you do diferent things for all  fans even the kids races that makes the fans want to come too. And try to be fair to everyone its hard sometimes.
   But most of all do your home work , listern to the fans and what they want ."
Have great food and have specials like hamburger, fries, a pespi for one meal price .you be suprise how that goes have diferent food specials i see some other tracks have it and that seem to be a hit. Racing is a' family event' and they bring there kids and spend money on them.
But you spend alot to keep racing going too  The big thing is "USE YOUR HEAD" and dont spend foolishly. You can make a go at it. Skyline has showed that.
They just need a little help in other areas.  'Just saying'

hurricane

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
The two crash-a-rammas at Holland probably foot the bill the rest of the year!