Author Topic: Bring the ROC weekend back to Oswego!!  (Read 5467 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Bring the ROC weekend back to Oswego!!
« on: December 25, 2019, 07:30:19 AM »
I think the race would be a bigger success at the Big O.I know I have bashed the racing at Oswego for the mods but I think the drivers and fans supported the race more when it was at Oswego.Lake Erie is out in left field and cost everyone much more $money to attend.Merry Christmas.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Bring the ROC weekend back to Oswego!!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 08:19:25 AM »
I agree, as I think that there are more fans living either really close, or at least relatively close to Oswego. If the weather on race day looks "iffy", you'll get more people willing to drive an hour or two, understanding that they might have to make a second trip, if a rain-out occurs, rather than the 3 hours, or so, to Lake Erie.

One of my friends and I were discussing this recently, and the weather issue was a big factor in what we were talking about, as we're just about at the 3 hour point from Lake Erie. In fact, at 3 hours of travelling each way, even if the show isn't affected by weather, and gets completed in a reasonable amount of time, it makes for a long day....one that would certainly give me second thoughts about making the trek.

roblaskowski99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 04:37:41 PM »
Doesn't matter were the show is run and whether or not it is affected by the weather asphalt in general needs to be run more efficiently all places seem to waste time, it's not just one series or track it's all of them.  I have as well as many others been to ROC shows at Oswego and at Lake Erie they aren't run any faster.  I raced in WNY, PA, and NJ this year all shows too long.

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 06:58:19 PM »
Longer races sell more concessions........

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »
Sadly I think this ship has sailed.. I miss those ROC weekends too..I don’t think the Torrese Bro’s want it or need it.I personally think the NASCAR mod show is a bigger and better race and the increased crowd and competition has proved it.The brothers like Jody’s ambition and effort he puts into his gigs,and the sportmods guys like going to Oswego ( same with the stock car guys) not to mention racing for a fair purse that you know will be paid in a timely manor.Hopefully the XMR Series will be successful in their inaugural race,I’m sure they will be..
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

GeorgeSkora

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • GeorgeSkoraIIIMotorsports
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 03:24:05 PM »
I remember waiting almost 6 months for my ROC check under the previous owner and fighting tooth and nail to get paid so what's your point
George Skora

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 09:50:32 AM »
GeorgeSkora....+2
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »
+3

"and the truth shall set you free"
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 01:35:12 PM »
George.... my point is quite simple... pay the drivers in a timely manner... Sean

Chriszak7

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 01:51:29 PM »

GeorgeSkora

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • GeorgeSkoraIIIMotorsports
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 03:46:01 PM »
Oh hey there trolls. I knew I could spark something out of the clown posse. It's been 4 years, tracks have come and gone yet joe is setting up for another season. Every time I read one of your post I smile a little more knowing that it's eating you away. Yet, I haven't seen you guys step up to the plate to make it better for everyone to race in WNY.
 We get your post, your upset joe ended up with the series. You are putting him down for some mistakes that the former series owner was notorious for doing.  We are all human right. It appears lancaster is going on it's own way, and I hope it works out. I'd love to still race there.  Hopefully that would be enough to bring you out of retirement and field a car sean. Otherwise it's the same old song and dance out of you two.
George Skora

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 04:00:27 PM »
George.... sorry you got TRIGGERED... see ya at Lancaster bud 😜

Chriszak7

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 05:05:58 PM »

sgt12

• View Profile

owego26

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 03:23:34 PM »
Wouldn't new BLACKTOP,  PAY FOR IT'S SELF,  in the long run... It is truly SAD that such a Famous and historic  track could just slowly CRUMBLE AWAY...   Some times you have to spend a LITTLE  TO MAKE A LITTLE.   I think it would be a VERY  good investment for the brothers, AFTER ALL THE MAIN REASON , FOR POOR CROWDS AND BORING MOD RACES ( FREIGHT TRAIN RACES ), Sorry just my Opinion...  i KNOW just keep  SPRAYING THE TRACK WITH   G R I P , yes, that is the answer .  Again, just my opinion .