Author Topic: Ike Edminister  (Read 1589 times)

Modbuilder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Ike Edminister
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:06:39 PM »
I would like to pass along some bad news I received today. Ike Edminister,one of the best and probably the most controversial drivers from the early blacktop days of Chemung has passed this last weekend. Anybody that grew up going to Chemung in their younger years as I did can remember how intimidating he looked when someone ruffled his feathers, took off his shirt and went to see them to have a Coke and talk about the race! (LOL) RIP old friend.
Larry Kennison

Carol520

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ike Edminister
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »
Was just talking about him, Herbie Green, Big Bad Bob and others with someone the other day.  Sad to hear.  He certainly provided excitement back in the day.
Announcer at Chemung Speedrome

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:44:38 PM »
Sad to hear. I never knew him except through stories but he was a staple in the early days and I respect anyone who ran hard and lived through the early years.. R.I.P IKE.

m2vrace

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 01:05:35 PM »
 I had met his daughter about a year ago , she told me he wasnot doing well. She wanted me to get up there and talk to him but I never got the chance.  Boy I sure do regret that now. How can it be that all my heroes as a kid are getting old .....She said there was nothing she love better than to hear him talk about the old racing days . Rest in peace wild Indian!!!!
Michael A Van Dyke