Author Topic: fws help needed!???  (Read 4381 times)

dmills30ny

• Rookie
    • View Profile
fws help needed!???
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »
ok i have my neon handlin good and its fast on dirt but i have one question, what would happen if i welded the gears in tranny for posi, would that make my car push hard or help me? I know  it helps the mustangs cause they slide in corners but i dont know about fwd? any help guys would be great. ???

skcav64

• View Profile
Re: fws help needed!???
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:57:52 PM »
If you enjoy replacing axles then go for it.   Some tracks it's a tech issue but some simply don't care.

ralph1979

• Rookie
  • why settle for 2nd when you could have 1st
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 11:06:37 PM »
do you have to run same size tires around the car? if so i would'nt i would think you would need a bunch of stagger in the front.... which would lead to breaking axles
attitude is the little thing that makes a big difference

skcav64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:42:55 PM »
Gotta watch it with a rough track too.  At Clinton County Some of the drivers snap them when 1 wheel gets off the ground.  It looks like a huge advantage on a wet/tacky track but when it slicks off there dosen't seem to be too much of an advantage.

The guys running welded spiders there usually are pretty even with good runs vs. DNF's.   Don't expect to finish every feature if you weld the trans.

9/4/09 Festiva Racing at Clinton County Heat 2 Spectator View
Top 2 finishers were welded.  Track was tacky and they simply walked away from the field
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:50:21 PM by skcav64 »

Truckin5

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »
Most tracks it's illegal and very easy to tech, I guess I would say, " Consult your rulebook"

skcav64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
Most tracks it's illegal and very easy to tech, I guess I would say, " Consult your rulebook"

Very easy to check!   Tow truck or a floor jack is all they need to check.   But I haven't seen a track look for it yet. ???

PS.   I don't, won't and never have done this.  takes the fun out of it and gets expensive replacing axles and exploded trannies