Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 2108 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
What would you do?
« on: July 19, 2018, 08:28:44 AM »
I was traveling home on route 104 from Niagara Falls with my family yesterday when I came across a sign for Ransomville Speedway.Being a race fan I decided to find the track and check it out .I guess the track is probably about 5 miles off of 104.I found the track with no problem thanks to well marked signs and pulled up to the entrance where I found the gates wide open and I was going to drive in and check it out until my wife noticed posted signs in the gate posts.I turned around and drove away without checking it out after much discussion about trespassing.What would you race fans do??

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 08:33:03 AM »
Just what you did .

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:08:36 AM »
I am NOT a attorney,,, but were the signs stating NO HUNTING   or NO TReaspassing ?? Posted signs are no hunting related  whereas No tresspassing (or keepout SIGN] MEANS SRAY OUT.  You did the right thing by not going in  BUT the track management should have had the gates closed. Its a world run by lawsuits,,,, keep your property closed from the public.

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 10:48:34 AM »
I would have gone in, looked around, and if approached, asked where the ticket booth was to buy advanced sales tickets. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 11:23:25 AM »
I would have gone in, looked around, and if approached, asked where the ticket booth was to buy advanced sales tickets.

Perfect!!
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 01:32:33 PM »
Lol.

fastbackss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »
Normally if the gates are open they are working on the track.

I went to one, exact same situation as you said.  The only difference was that I parked, walked into the stands and sat down for a bit.

It took a while, but eventually an employee spotted me and came up.  Shot the breeze, explained that I was interested in a new track I had never been to before.  He was more than courteous.

bassman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 07:19:02 AM »
The gate to the old Shangri-La was left open quite regularly back in the late 80's and early 90's... I had been known to take a few "hot laps" from time to time!!  :D ;) 

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 11:47:47 AM »
I took a few laps around Perry at 7 A.M.with a mean hangover after a night of camping.

bassman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 01:12:20 PM »
Never said it was the wisest of things I did.... :o ;)