Author Topic: Madhouse  (Read 19230 times)

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Madhouse
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 08:51:28 AM »
I watched the show unlike NASCAR Monster Cup Energy Sprint.  I never watch that.  Anyway Rathole pretty much summed it up.  The tense music and serious commentary caused me to get too excited and I had to go outside for a while after urinating all over myself.  The biggest take away I had for the show is that the #4 driver has about a 93% chance of lung cancer within the next 4 years.  Also with 12K in attendance the over/under on teeth in attendance was about 24K.  I can understand why they have such a big crowd.  They can only sodomize each other so many times on Saturday nights until it becomes monotonous and they go down to the track for a change-of-pace.  Will watch again - but outside. 

I will also make a sincere effort to clean up my original post.  Here goes:

I normally will bypass the NASCAR television product known as Monster Cup. Mr Ratszo did a wonderful job summing up the television program.  The excitement presented on the television show was accentuated by lively commentary and invigorating music.  The combination caused me to have an unwanted, uncontrolled bladder discharge that resulted in quite a mess.  At this point I went out-of-doors.  I noticed that the driver of the number 4 automobile seemed to have a continuous nicotine intake.  The fella may fall to some form of cancer soon - most likely lung cancer.  Oral hygiene is lacking in the Winston-Salem metropolitan area.  Most fans displayed on the television program are in need of dental care to repair and/or replace missing teeth.  The attendance at the Bowman-Gray stadium is impressive to say-the-least.  Sexual assault is illegal.  Therefore the population in the Winston-Salem area seek alternative forms of entertainment such as NASCAR Modified auto racing at the "Madhouse".  I will watch again but not inside my home.   

Respectfully Submitted

Goggles F. Pisano IV  Sergeant-at-Arms 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2018, 09:10:35 AM »
 :P Whoa is me. What has happened to "my" RaceNY?  The end is near.

Oh,... in deference to those who are clinically insane ( or mad as they used to say) I think future  references to said racing plant

should be expressed as Angryhouse as we go forward. Sensibilities don't you know.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 11:00:30 AM »
Greetings and salutations to all on RaceNY.  I hope that everyone is having a marvelous day.  I want to commend Mr. Pissano for posting an edited version of his previous post regarding Bowman Gray and going forward I see him as a valuable asset to our racing forum.  Our screen profiles have never met, but he sounds like a stand up guy and someone that I would enjoy hanging out with at the Mall or a fast food restaurant.

But enough with the accolades, I wanted to let everyone know that I tuned in last evening and watched the second television episode of Race Night at Bowman Gray. I found the program to be very educational and informative.  It was twin 25 lap feature races for the evening with time trials to set the field for the first feature.  The starting field for the second feature would be determined by the winner of the first feature reaching into a bag that had eight balls with even numbers: 8, 464, 82, 124, 360, 44, 234 and 102.  I'm uncertain of the algorithm that was used once the number was drawn but the fans cheered when it was drawn. 

The main characters in the plot were Tim, formidable competitor to the brothers, Burt and Jason Myers. The minor characters were the fine fans attending the race, the crewmen for the race teams and Tim's doctor.

The show began with Tim in his doctor's office holding the steering wheel of his car, showing the doctor what happened in the previous week's race when his car had a collision with the outside barrier.  Tim's doctor was very good at listening, keeping a straight face and acting normal while Tim used the unattached steering wheel to reenact the crash.  The doctor then gave Tim the bad news.  His thumb was injured and would need to be fixed.  Tim would not be able to use his thumb to hitchhike, give the thumbs up signal, twiddle his thumbs, nor would Tim be able sit around with his thumb up his a#%.  Tim was very sad.  Tim then asked about driving a racecar?   The doctor said that wouldn't be a problem and he gave Tim a $2.98 brace for his hand and told Tim to go out and beat the Myers boys and win a race for the Gipper.  Tim did not know who the Gipper was, but he was very happy.

Meanwhile, Jason Myers explained that he was frustrated and wanted to win a race.  He said he put all of his money in his racecar which was evident as he apparently couldn't afford shoes as he was wearing flip-flops while using his feet to hold some material on the shop floor while he drilled a hole in it.  Jason also explained stagger in a racecar and used a great relatable example, "If you've ever dropped a beer keg at a keg party and watched it roll, you've seen an example of stagger."  I'm still somewhat uncertain if he was talking about the rolling motion of the keg or the stagger of the participants at the keg party, but it was a great example nonetheless.

Burt Myers won the first race and Jason Myers won the second race.  Tim was very sad, called a Uber and went home.

The fans took time to use their fingers to salute many of the drivers, before, during and at the end of the race.

Respectfully submitted,

J. Langford Ratzso
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:37:47 PM by Ratzso »
"Today is yesterday's future"

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 06:42:35 PM »
A very fine race show report there Ratrod. One small correction however.  Rectum doesn't have the pound (#) symbol in it's correct spelling.  :D

( I'm almost certain of that)

LMR

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 11:52:44 PM »
Those of you that have never been to Bowman Gray Stadium really shouldn't speak of what you don't know. The fans have been allowed to have rivalries since the place has opened. Look at an NFL game for example. How many signs do you see? Same with BG. How many shirts with their favorite team do you see? Same with BG, if you go in the pits you will see the drivers displaying their shirts and wares for sale. Hell we don't even have a photo booth at the tracks here anymore. Only one small trailer to sell goods. BG fans know personally and love their favorite teams. There is no catch fence on the front or backstretch. It makes for an exciting, close as you can get, fan experience. Definitely verbal and physical gestures come from all fans. That's the excitement of it. It's Jimmy vs Tony with a little Noe on steroids.  Go for your yourselves, you won't be disappointed.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2018, 09:16:31 AM »
"That's the excitement of it. It's Jimmy vs Tony with a little Noe on steroids.  Go for your yourselves, you won't be disappointed. "

Thanks for the enticing offer but Candor and Owego are a lot closer than Winston-Salem if I was looking for that kind of "fun".

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2018, 04:48:07 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Bowman Gray is the best $10 entertainment value you will find anywhere. The racing is okay but the entire show (racers, fans, etc.) makes for one hell of an evening.  I try to get there every two years or so for one of the Twin 50 nights for the mighty modifieds. 
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2018, 08:29:31 PM »
I agree with LMR and Fred...I think a lot of people fail to realize that the show has DRAMA built into each episode,that’s called reality TV..Face it car racing is boring to the average person and sometimes it’s a bore to people who have been involved for awhile. If it wasn’t for the Drama it would just be another race.The support classes at BGS are full and usually provide good racing,plus no boring heat races either.(it really sucks watching six car heat races) Also having a packed grandstand week after week is impressive and something all promotors should take notice of..and last the quality and appearance of the crowd AT BGS really??
...hmmm have ya ever been to Spencer’s?? 😀
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 07:05:46 AM »
....Face it car racing is boring to the average person and sometimes it’s a bore to people who have been involved for awhile...... Also having a packed grandstand week after week is impressive and something all promotors should take notice of...and last the quality and appearance of the crowd AT BGS really??
...hmmm have ya ever been to Spencer’s?? 😀

I agree with your sentiments, and what I thinks it all comes down to, is regional tastes and preferences. It appears that in the southeast United States, automobile racing is still a sport that the people enjoy, so it thrives. Look at the number of ovals and drag strips that still operate, compared to how they've died out in this area. But do they have as many "east end festivals", "St. Patrick's Day Parades" and "fringe festivals" as there are in western NY? I don't think so, but 50-60 years ago, there were 12-14 operating oval tracks, as well as 4-5 operating drag strips in this area, indicating that times, or should I say people, have changed.

And with respect to Spencer's, when I was a teen-ager, back in the mid-late 60s, if you weren't in the stands by at least an hour before the races officially started, you sat way down in the first 3-4 rows of the stands, and watched the races by looking through the legs of the people walking back and forth to the concession stands. The crowds started tapering off in the late 70s-early 80s, and haven't come back...

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2018, 07:56:30 AM »
I think it would be cool to talk about some of our areas greatest rivalrys like Matt vs.Chuck etc.You get the idea.

Orange18

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2018, 11:21:12 AM »
What is the regular program like on a Saturday night? What are the support classes? No heats? How do they set the Mod feature line up? It amazes me the amount of people on this site that state that they don't like watching support classes or there are to many races and classes. I love watching any races that are close and have multiple lead changes. I always thought the mini stocks at Outlaw put on a great show. That goes for the street stocks as well, they are very fast with multiple winners in a season. The racing I don't like is on a DRY SLICK track where it takes 5 laps to make a pass and the leader laps the last car by lap 10.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2018, 09:55:21 PM »
They have four classes.. Mods and three classes of stock cars..The support classes put on a good show and they have full fields..Mods time trial weekly, support classes draw..Usually one of the classes will run two features..they definitely put an emphasis on promoting their sponsors.
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

Bikerbob

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2018, 08:55:01 PM »
Anyone know what BGS has on the menu for track food....would consider making the trip if they have salt taters??TM

Bb
Robert I. Morronson

....them Myers boys have them cars dialed in pretty damned good....they are a race of their own!!   ???

----Opening Soon in Elmira...Filthy's Fudge and Bait Shop----
----Your one stop shop for homemade fudge & live baits----

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2018, 08:09:36 AM »
I would like to get back to my idea about rivalry in our local racing like Jimmy Z.vs Tony H.or Buck Catalano vs. the field at Spencer etc.

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »
Anyone know what BGS has on the menu for track food....would consider making the trip if they have salt taters??TM

Bb
Robert I. Morronson

....them Myers boys have them cars dialed in pretty damned good....they are a race of their own!!   ???

Salt taters or no salt taters, Bob, I'm ready to head to Winston Salem next season and volunteer as a crew member for either of those Myers' boys.

Love those guys!  Tim, not so much...

That's all I got,

J. Langford Ratman

"Today is yesterday's future"