Author Topic: Head & Neck Restraints  (Read 7068 times)

Muddslinger

• View Profile
Re: Head & Neck Restraints
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 08:15:06 PM »
If you go on www.necksgen.com and go under the FAQ's page it will answer all your questions...it says it will work with most seats because it'll adjust from 10 degrees to 40 degrees.

herm

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 08:37:25 AM »
I can remember watching a Michigan 500 race with Bobby Unser calling the race on TV.Back then all of the drivers in the race wore a simple helment strap to keep their head up and prevent the necks from getting tired from the G forces in the turns,all but one that is.Bobby pointed out the fact that even thow Foyt was past 50 yrs. of age he was so tuff and conditioned, never mine the fact that he weighed more than the others, that he did not need a strap.Many of Foyts races were won on the tuff dirt tracks and as the races were nearing the end no one could run with him.Old films would show the other drivers using their whole upper bodies to work the wheel,where  as Foyt would sit upright only using his arms from the start to the finish.
I know I might have got a little off track here with my post.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:00:56 AM by herm »

#2 Charger

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »
Thanks For Some Great Input, I'm Leaning Towards Next Gen & Simpson Rage

reactive1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 12:43:25 AM »
I sell the Simpson formerly Safety Solutions Hybrid.
It is the Best protection. The unit was developed utilizing a crash simulator unit called a HYGIE sled.
The Hybrid Rage can take a 1200 NM impact (unprotected)and reduce it under 200 NM. aside from HANS, it is the only other device that is both NASCAR and FIA approved.
It out performs the HANS in angular and matches straight impacts. The reason why they are not widely used in NASCAR is strictly politics. Unless you use a HALO seat system you are very vulnerable using the other units. It employs a seat belt anchor system that ties into lap belts to greatly reduce the neck force.
HANS does not publish their cash numbers. There is a reason for it!
For people who wear the HANS and it feels like the belts are falling off, get in touch with me and I can recommend belts that will greatly reduce this issue.

Dan Koonmen
www.reactivechassisco.com